Concerned over the Smart Cover...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I am concerned about scratch the back/side of the new iPad with these new magnetic smart covers. First thing that came to mind was that constantly snapping on and off will cause markings. I hope that isnt the case...

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I like it, but I wonder if you can use it with a silicon or hard back cover??? Anyone? Bueller? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I could be way off but I have used something similar that connected via magnets and constant connecting and reconnecting caused marking at the contact points. I suppose I could always invisible shield and then use it. But then again, I also feel like I need more protection.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
the ebst thing is to wait and see if anyone posts problems or come the 11th see if the Apple store has any of those covers on the demo models.

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am not impressed with those covers. I could see it coming off all the time from being in my bag with other items I carry.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
It certainly is fancy but I dont see it providing much protection and especially since I have kids, I may need something with more protection.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the magnets will cause marks, don't forget Apple has been using magnets to close lids on MBPs for years now. I also don't think it will work with a case that is too thick because it will be hard for the magnet to get contact. I'm not worried because it doesn't look like it will have enough protection for me and at the price I could get a much more sturdy case for less or about the same coin.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
For the price, you almost would have to get one if you're already investing in an ipad 2. Just for the novelty. I would say a sleeve is needed to slide the pad into but wonder if the cover would stay on.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The thing is a day 1 purchase for me, along with the ipad 2. The simple yet highly functional form factor is what gets me. I'm even going to spring for one of the leather models. White ipad with the navy blue cover will be HOT.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro