How are people using 3rd party headphones with remote?

largeselection

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Sorry if this has been covered but I wasn't able to find any concrete answers via search...but what are people using for 3rd party headphones with the iPhone 4 with a remote?

I have some great headphones which sound much better than the included apple headphones. I'd love to replace my old school clip on shuffle with my iPhone, but I love how I can clip my shuffle to my jacket and have instant access to controls (volume, advance, rewind). I don't want to have to keep taking my iphone out of my pocket to have to adjust volume or change tracks, but I don't want to use the apple headphones.

So are there any accessories (apple or otherwise) which are essentially just a remote that I can plug my headphones into which controls the iPhone? I ordered something on amazon which looks like it would do it, but it is of poor quality and doesn't work too well. I got it from j & r - audio technica at-mp100.

It doesn't advance the songs consistently and when I click the button the volume rockets up and it doesn't pause like it's supposed to. So....it's no good. Any other suggestions? Or am I stuck with my old shuffle?

.BlackB3rry.

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Sorry if this has been covered but I wasn't able to find any concrete answers via search...but what are people using for 3rd party headphones with the iPhone 4 with a remote?

I have some great headphones which sound much better than the included apple headphones. I'd love to replace my old school clip on shuffle with my iPhone, but I love how I can clip my shuffle to my jacket and have instant access to controls (volume, advance, rewind). I don't want to have to keep taking my iphone out of my pocket to have to adjust volume or change tracks, but I don't want to use the apple headphones.

So are there any accessories (apple or otherwise) which are essentially just a remote that I can plug my headphones into which controls the iPhone? I ordered something on amazon which looks like it would do it, but it is of poor quality and doesn't work too well. I got it from j & r - audio technica at-mp100.

It doesn't advance the songs consistently and when I click the button the volume rockets up and it doesn't pause like it's supposed to. So....it's no good. Any other suggestions? Or am I stuck with my old shuffle?

I think u're right about them shipping out weak headphones with the ip4, because i have another pair ( from my ipod ) that sounded excellent until recently, think i blew something in there 'cause they sound quite low now but still with more bass than the new headphones i received with my ip4.
I'm currently using External Ipod Controls app from cydia. Pretty handy for headphones without remote, don't have to take the iphone off the clip ( or out of ur pocket ) just hit the volume buttons to change tracks, pause or adjust the volume. Itune might have something similar, not sure.
If u have to have the remote u can check VZ online store they have high-end head phones with remote.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73