iPhone cases making the iPhone more dirty?

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So i'm about to get an iPhone, once my current contract expires, and i currently have an enV Touch and an iTouch. With my iTouch, it has the silver back part of it and i used to have a gel case on it. Now although it would protect it when it fell, when i would take the case off, the silver part in the back looked AWFUL. It made it very dirty because somehow, dirt and such got in and couldnt get out. Also, the same thing happened with my enV touch phone. So i was wondering what cases have you came across that have the same result and what cases do not. Because im not going to pay all this money for an iPhone, get a case, and then once i take it off the back is all dirty.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I think you mean iPod Touch. Anyways that's just one of the reasons I never use cases. Also I just prefer the look and thinness of phones and other devices without cases on them. Too much extra bulk for my taste.

Last edited:

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If you use a case then get one of the back protectors for it. I forget the exact name their like the screen protectors but for the back, because the dirt that gets caught in between will scratch the back of your iPhone

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i call it an iTouch for short, lol, but yeah i like phones without cases as well, but i like them to be protected too. And if i do get some sort of case, i think i may get the screen protectors, just don't know which one to get, plus some suck with all the bubbles and stuff. I can't tell you how many time I've tried putting one on, and i keep trying to fix it so i get no bubbles and I'll crumple it up in frustration. I'm one of those people who have to get it perfect where it's lined up perfectly with no bubbles.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
See, that case covers the entire back of the phone, alot of time is dirt gets stuck in there, it scratches up the back of it, and i dont want that to happen.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dust definitely gets in my case, but it hasn't scratched my iPhone 4. I can't say the same for my 3G or 3GS. The plastic back scratched way easier that the glass that the iPhone 4 is made from. I hate using cases, but after a few drops on a concrete floor I decided it'd be best to sacrifice thinness and looks. I'd rather have a bulky iPhone than no iPhone.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i may just get a bumper, but i just wish there was a "perfect case". My 'perfect case' would not be bulky, but would protect the case if i drop it and against scratches and it won't collect dirt and dust underneath the case.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711