Wrap or case?

cthomas1440

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got the ViP at figure you ATT peeps could give me some advice since you've had 8 months of insight. I think I can get by with a wrap because I rarely drop my phone. An I also like the idea of not havin to remove my case to use my car mount and docks. On the other hand, I love the looks of the aluminum bumpers but worry about debris getting between the parts and scratching causing me to be stuck in a case forever.

Which ones to avoid? Will the wraps come off/peel easy if I use a front pocket often? What others issues am I not considering?

BTW the skin I was looking at is a slickwrap carbon.
Thanks

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Aluminum bumpers are cool but they bulk up the device more than a case would, as for wraps... decalgirl.com has some really cool ones with matching backgrounds.. and I had one for a while and got bored with it... I much rather prefer a case I can just take off whenever I like and roll naked if I wanted to or switch it up with another case....

I didn't have any real issues in and out of my pocket, was cool just didn't offer enough protection if I dropped it.. but to each their own

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have been using iColorWraps for a few months now, even though I love cases. I tried a few Slickwraps products, and found that the metal really degraded my signal, and I had to remove them within (literally) hours of applying them. (Their customer service offered no support either - they promised to replace the side part and never did.)

The important part is that you use a good screen protector on front and back if you use a wrap.

cthomas1440

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both. Alli, the invisible shield is available to me locally, would you recommend that or another front shield.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've found the Invisible Shield to be very thick, difficult to install, and doesn't last particularly well.

For your first set, I would go with BestSkinsEver, which are really inexpensive, and seem to be as good as most of the more expensive shields.

cthomas1440

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much. I think my choice will be a slick wrap rear carbon fiber with the side and front covers you recommended. I'll post pics when I get them.

cthomas1440

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Ended up with slickwraps carbon fiber full body kit and a black apple bumper. I love the look and fits all my needs. I am very pleased with the quality and look of the whole setup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2