Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Thumbs down VZW Iphone Cases

I am sure the current cases will not fit. Are they selling specific cases for the VZW Iphone 4?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Im pretty sure the dimensions are the EXACT same as the regular iPhone 4 ... But I want to confirm this as well before I order a standard iPhone 4 case.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdragione View Post
    Im pretty sure the dimensions are the EXACT same as the regular iPhone 4 ... But I want to confirm this as well before I order a standard iPhone 4 case.
    dimensions are the same, but the location of the switches and buttons on the sides have moved in order to fit the CDMA antenna. So, molded cases will no longer fit. Apple and some other case manufacturers have updated their inventory with new cases to fit both phones.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Check out case-mate, they released a line for verizon, also I ordered the apple bumper which is now updated ro fit with both phones
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts

You don't need a case. Just go to the nearest mall and look for a kiosk that sells an invisible shield or something. That protect its very well and you can still rock your iPhone naked in all it's sleekness
    lv1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Yes VZW is selling IPhone cases. They are in stock at the store near me. I got a kit consisting of a hard case holster with belt clip, car charger and 3 LCD protectors for 49.95. They do have a variety of cases including one that looks like an Otterbox knockoff (too bulky for me).
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I took a chance and got a otterbox commuter since they said they will be releasing a verizon version for the otterbox defender.. assuming that means the commuter works just find then!

But we all know what happens when you assume .. :-(
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by donny7 View Post
    I took a chance and got a otterbox commuter since they said they will be releasing a verizon version for the otterbox defender.. assuming that means the commuter works just find then!

But we all know what happens when you assume .. :-(
    Ouch, they're site specifically says that they don't have any Verizon iPhone cases yet.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laslo View Post
    Yes VZW is selling IPhone cases. They are in stock at the store near me. I got a kit consisting of a hard case holster with belt clip, car charger and 3 LCD protectors for 49.95. They do have a variety of cases including one that looks like an Otterbox knockoff (too bulky for me).
    Do you know which company manufactures the case you bought?

Thanks
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I ordered a Verizon iPhone Pop! case from case mate. However, I think I want a belt clip as well. Does anybody know of a belt clip that will hold a phone with a Pop Case?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

I ordered the silicone/hard case from the VZW website. I'll invest in a ZAGG later on though.
    iPhone Nanite

Thumbs up good rugged 3g iPhone cases

Sharkeye.com has some good rugged 3g iPhone cases. Not sure if they moved their new iPhone 4 cases yet which may fit that vzw iPhone.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I ordered a Seidio Innocase before I even got my phone and even though it's for the ATT model it fits so perfectly I'm not even going to return it. I never use the vibrate switch and the buttons for the volume work fine.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,069 Global Posts

Do the Seido cases fit the Verizon iPhone? I like to have a couple of cases to switch between, but the molded ones are too difficult to get on and off.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

For ruggerized iPhone3G/4 cases, you could try sharkeye.com - they are not super pretty, but really solid and protective.
    lv1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLive an iLife View Post
    Do the Seido cases fit the Verizon iPhone? I like to have a couple of cases to switch between, but the molded ones are too difficult to get on and off.
    Yes the Seidio fits the Verizon IPhone. There is a version designed for it. Case looks like it comes of pretty easily and you can use it with screen protector. I also got the holster so I can clip to my belt.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

I just purchased this Incase case, in black, for my iPhone, and it's great! It fits the phone like a glove and just feels like quality. It really, really compliments the phone. I was not out of the Verizon store an hour when I was being stupid and playing with the little stand that came with the case and promptly flung my phone about five feet in front of me and onto the parking lot, face down. Screen protector is dinged, case has little scratches and dings in it, but they're minor and my phone is 100%! Phew!

I also do NOT recommend this Incipio case. It feels like cheap crap and the two pieces didn't even fit together on the phone. When I shook it, I could feel the phone wiggling around inside the case. Yuck. Avoid this case!