Mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 4 VS Exogear Battery Case for iPhone 4

danielpholt

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I'v heard that the Exogear has a tendency to get very warm during use, so i'd be mindful of that. It looks stunning though, better looking than the Mophie in my opinion.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the Mophie for my 3GS. Whilst it was good at doing what it says on the tin, I found it pretty bulky and in all honesty, pretty ugly (they do tend to make working but ugly accessories IMHO). Found myself carrying it around seperately and equipping it when the need arised. Just became another something to lug around really.

ilurk

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I've had the exogear since they came out in August. Been using it for over a month now, daily. Works like a champ, get 2 charges off it. My son has one too and he doesn't have any issues either. Really like the way it looks on the iPhone, like it looks like the iPhone 4 inside the case still, really dig that about it :D not to mention how light this case is, doesn't feel like I'm carrying around brick in my pocket like I did with the mophie juice pack for my iphone 3gs.

The mophie juice pack iphone 4... don't know anyone who has the iPhone 4 version, but that thing looks u-g-l-y. As a previous mophie juice pack user for my 3gs, they haven't seemed to change much, although it looks like they copied the exogear design in the front a bit lol:eek:

In the end I don't know how much better one battery is to another, but for me the design is really important and the weight. Unless you're one of those people who have 30 different cases one for every specific occasion of the month :p

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Exogear VS Mophie

I have the Exogear and have actually gone through a couple of them. The current unit seems to work OK. I have not gotten used to their circuitry that turns charging on and off without my intervention, not sure I will either. My first unit got very, very hot, so they readily replaced it for me and the final unit is doing much better.

The only real complaints I have about the Exogear today is that it is very slippery and easily poised for a drop, and the flash does not function without flaring into the lens.

Having said that, I ordered the Mophie for iPhone 4 yesterday and will have it next week. I will give you a comparison after it arrives. Hoping the texture of the case is more grip friendly.

Stay tuned!

Smoothbond

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
jmjohn; said:
I have the Exogear and have actually gone through a couple of them. The current unit seems to work OK. I have not gotten used to their circuitry that turns charging on and off without my intervention, not sure I will either. My first unit got very, very hot, so they readily replaced it for me and the final unit is doing much better.

The only real complaints I have about the Exogear today is that it is very slippery and easily poised for a drop, and the flash does not function without flaring into the lens.

Having said that, I ordered the Mophie for iPhone 4 yesterday and will have it next week. I will give you a comparison after it arrives. Hoping the texture of the case is more grip friendly.

Stay tuned!

Hi there have you received your mophie yet and if so how does it compare to the exogear? Cheers

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi there have you received your mophie yet and if so how does it compare to the exogear? Cheers

Actually, I just received it yesterday. My first impression is that it is bulkier than I imagined. Second impression is that the silver band around the edge is cheap looking and thick (making it more difficult to reach the controls through the thicker plastic). After one day, I have already had a problem with the micro USB connector not making contact unless you wiggle it just right. I suspect that I will be asking them for a replacement soon.

No on the positive note, it works as you may imagine and provides about twice the battery capacity of the iPhone 4. Also the back of the Mophie has a more textured feel and it is not as likely to slip out of your hand.

I actually think the Exogear is a better looking device and since they replaced the first one for me, it is functioning as it should with no heating up issues. My only concern is the slick surfaces are subject fly easily out of your hand if you get carried away, waving it around.

I will ask Mophie to replace my Juice Pack Air 4 due to the connector issue and will use them both for a while. If I learn anything else, will let everyone know.

Enjoy!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I've had my Juice Pack now for a week. I love it! For those of us with Seinfeld's "man hands", it makes holding the iPhone 4 so much easier.

Reactions: jhamilton3

jrcopper

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Exogear since it was introduced. It is sleek and works very well. One negative is that you cannot sync the iPhone with the case on. Another negative is that once the iPhone is fully charged the Exogear case shuts off. I also just received the Mophie Juice Pack for the iPhone 4. It far superior to the one they had for the 3GS. It is very attractive and I disagree with a comment above that the silver band is cheap looking. The overall design is superior to the Exogear even though it is not quite as slim. The off/on switch on Mophie is a big improvement and you can charge both the phone and the case with the phone in the Mophie case. You can also sync the iPhone while in the case which is very convenient.

Neither case doubles the iPhone capacity. They both are about 80% of the iPhone battery with normal use for email, phone, music and internet usage. I do not know how some of the above people think it can be double or even equal the iphone battery.

If I was going to have only one I would suggest the Mophie Juice Pack. The pictures are deceiving online. It it nicely weighted and comfortable to hold. It is slightly thicker but shorter and in my view better to hold.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'll probably be picking up a Mophie for my iPhone 4..

I actually like the design they chose for this generation of the iPhone.

For me the added bulk is a plus because of my large hands.

mattvs2004

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 4 VS Exogear Battery Case for iPhone 4 Reply to Thre

Any try the Exogear with the bumper that they have for it? Does it still make the phone feel slippery or does it eliminate it?

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying so hard to wait out for the white version of the Mophie to come out.. A rep said back in September that it would be out soon but no luck so far.

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the mophie. After a week it stopped working. So I have to send it back for another. Honestly after I'm going to get a refund. Because if an expensive piece of equipment stops working like that, what's the difference between that and the 30? one? Haha.

Well, the design was good. I liked it. But cs was rather lame. And the device stopped working. It didn't fit exactly as the top was so easy to take off it practically fell off.
I'd say go for another one. Mophie disappointed me.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I had the mophie. After a week it stopped working. So I have to send it back for another. Honestly after I'm going to get a refund. Because if an expensive piece of equipment stops working like that, what's the difference between that and the 30? one? Haha.

Well, the design was good. I liked it. But cs was rather lame. And the device stopped working. It didn't fit exactly as the top was so easy to take off it practically fell off.
I'd say go for another one. Mophie disappointed me.

One of the first and very few complaints I've heard about it.