New iP4...New Free Case From Apple?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
After getting totally pissed at Apple over the proximity sensor of my two previous iPhone 4's and having gone running back to BlackBerry...and being totally disappointed at the new BB 9800 Torch...I have ordered another iP4 from AT&T and am coming back to what I know is a simple, very efficient and excellent device. Apple will get the PS fixed in a future update no doubt...and I just overreacted to the whole deal.:rolleyes:

My new phone should be here within days.

Does that mean that I get another free case from Apple or did I blow that by getting one on my first iPhone 4?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Do you still have the case? If so why do you want another one? You got your money back from the first phone, right?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Do you still have the case? If so why do you want another one? You got your money back from the first phone, right?

Actually gave the Bumper to my girlfriend...I would hate to have to repossess! :rolleyes:

Worse comes to worse, I'm not a cheapskate...so I'll buy another. But, of course a free case is a good thing!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it's tied to the phone (by IMEI, ICCID, or serial, I don't recall) and not the customer, so you should be good for another. Really, if you bought two phones, would you be expected to share one bumper between them?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
He really only bought one. But if he no longer has the case what does one do? It's your call dude. Do what feels right.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
He really only bought one. But if he no longer has the case what does one do? It's your call dude. Do what feels right.

I actually bought two...dude. The first one I sold, and bought another BlackBerry...cash. I'm exchanging the 9800 for the iPhone. And, I always try to do what's right.

If I'm entitled, great. If not...I can certainly buy another. No biggie.:cool:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
You are entitled as it's tied to the phone and not your identity. It goes through your iTunes account and any one iTunes account can sign up as many iPhones as they want. So it is only limited by the phone's hardware ID numbers.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I think its one per phone per itunes account if it was ordered on your itunes account its not going to work a second time I dont think

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I think its one per phone per itunes account if it was ordered on your itunes account its not going to work a second time I dont think

Incorrect. Different phones can use the same iTunes account, and each individual phone is entitled to their own case.

katra

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
yup.. i've had 3 different iPhone 4's with the same account and got 3 cases..!! they base it on the serial number not the account.