View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a wall mount for your iphone?
- 30. You may not vote on this poll
Yes, I've been dying to do this.
Yes, but only if the price is right.
No, I already have a dock and don't care for this.
No, I have no need for this.
No, I don't get what it is.
Maybe, but I need more convincing.
iPhone wall mount
After months of design, the Dockem is finally launched! Check it out on Kickstarter. com; search for "Dockem"
I have always wanted a way to mount my iphone on the wall next to my bed or even to the headboard of my bed. I am in the process of designing a mount for just that purpose, but am trying to gauge if there would be any interest in this or not, or am I the only one?
The idea is simple:
1. The brackets for the mount would be attached to the wall with mounting tape (think command strips, wont damage the wall)
2. Your iphone will slide very easily into or out of the mount, even while plugged in (you would still use your regular charging cord).
3. The screen would not be covered so that you can still use it.
4. Use a clock application and replace your clock radio.
5. The headphone jack is still accessible, so you can listen to music through headphones while in bed without risking knocking your phone off the bed.
6. Compatible with all iphones and most ipods and pretty much all cases.
7. You will always have your iphone within arms length while you are in bed, wont take up space on your nightstand with a bulky cradle, and you don't have to risk accidentally dropping your iphone off the nightstand.
8. Could also be mounted next to your desk so that you don't take up desk space with a bulky cradle.
9. Mount your iphone anywhere on a vertical surface!
Let me know what you guys think and I'll let you know if I make any new developments!
Prototype is in! Now working on production... I'll have pictures up soon. Keep updated: go to dockem .com
Last edited by cjm610; 01-10-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: product launched!
- 08-11-2010, 06:34 PM #2
Well the idea is to make it so that the phone can slide in very easily, so that it is isnt a hassle at all. No more of a hassle than sliding it under your pillow except that you have to raise your hand 6 inches... and youll be able to look up and see your phone in the morning or in the middle of the night to get the time/see any notifications you may have gotten... without moving a muscle.
I put my phone under my pillow often as well, and maybe I'm a more restless sleeper than you, but usually its not there in the morning and I have to go searching for it.
- 08-11-2010, 07:10 PM #4
- 08-11-2010, 08:27 PM #5
- 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM #6
- 08-12-2010, 07:59 AM #7
If you're looking to sell this device, good luck. If there was any money to be made in wall-mounting cell phones, you'd see it.
I can't really see the practicality in this. Just get a small dock for your nightstand or something. Unless you're up against a wall, you'd need to get at an awkward angle to see the phone. Unless you have it jutting out, facing the bed. Then I feel like it would be too obtrusive. I can't see how this would be any more useful or practical or convenient than a dock or cradle.
You could start by modifying a car mount thingy, and see if you actually like it.
- 08-12-2010, 03:26 PM #8
- 08-12-2010, 05:33 PM #9iPhone Intermediate
- 134 Posts
Since you are already going that insane why not make some sort of arm that can extend out in front of you or to the side of your bed for easy viewing (seeing what time it is, who's calling at this hour etc.) but that still has the capability of going flat against the wall or head board like your original design.
- 08-13-2010, 10:04 PM #10
- 08-14-2010, 04:25 AM #11
- 08-14-2010, 09:06 AM #12
- 08-14-2010, 10:07 AM #13
- 01-19-2011, 06:39 AM #15