Apple bumper is scratching my phone

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I've had my bumper on for about a month and took it off for the first time today and noticed the metal sides now have rub marks on them.

It looks crappy :( Anyone else getting this? The pic shows one corner but the scratches are pretty much all around.

IMAG0017.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the black OEM bumper a lot but I dont have one single mark on mine. I also havent heard of anybody with this issue. Seems strange

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem. Bought a bumper on release day, black blemishes that won't rub off on side (looks like metal is wearing away. frustrating.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I just took my bumper off and looked and I had a few scuff marks but they rubbed right off. I visit apples support forums as well and have seen a few threads about this. I don't seem to have the problem though, although it does worry me. Does your phone slide around in the bumper? Mine doesn't really and maybe that's what's causing it?

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I just took my bumper off and looked and I had a few scuff marks but they rubbed right off. I visit apples support forums as well and have seen a few threads about this. I don't seem to have the problem though, although it does worry me. Does your phone slide around in the bumper? Mine doesn't really and maybe that's what's causing it?

Everything feels nice and snug. No movement that I can tell.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Wierd then. That worries me lol. I don't want a scratched up phone caused be a case that was suppose to prevent scratches kinda lol. That and it's an apple accessory it shouldn't be doing this. Who knows maybe I will take the bumper off. Then I could use my iPhone 4 dock again lol

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I dont have any scrathes or scuffs on mine but this definately brought a concern to me. I dont want my iPhone scratched or scuffed.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The HAL 9000 skin I bought from decal girl goes around the metal band. Thank god or I'd have to do a full bodyguardz along with the bumper.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner