Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Have you gotten your case from Apple?

Just curious as to how many people have received their cases, as mine was originally projected to ship September 3rd, and I received it in the mail today. I'd attach a pic, but I'm writing this from my phone
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,447 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I got my bumper last week and it was not supposed to ship originally until August 27th.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,574 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

I got mine last week. I actually like it.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I like mine in the fact that it's not just some cheap silicone bumper, it's got the nice metal buttons and hard plastic too
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

I ordered mine on July 27th and it shipped yesterday. Should be here in a couple days. BTW I ordered the bumper case.
    iPhone 4S 32GB
    iPad 2 32GB WiFi
    TakerFan on Game Center
    @Joker99x on Twitter
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Everyone I know who has received their free cases by now has ordered the bumper case. No one I know who ordered any other case has received their case yet (including me). It's a pretty safe bet that Apple has plenty of bumper cases ready for delivery and will need more time to get the other cases out.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Yeah I ordered the bumper the night (morning) the app was released
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMcwho View Post
    I like mine in the fact that it's not just some cheap silicone bumper, it's got the nice metal buttons and hard plastic too
    I'm really surprised at how solid (and aesthetically pleasing) the Bumpers really are. My friend just got his (black in color) and it really adds a lot to the phone--and this coming from a case skeptic!

Have yet to receive mine, but I just ordered it earlier in the week.
    Zach Arace
    Technical Writer
    ShowMeCables
    iPhone Newbie

mines not supposed to ship until sept. 7th, maybe ill get lucky and it will come early like the others.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,574 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Quote Originally Posted by zacharace View Post
    I'm really surprised at how solid (and aesthetically pleasing) the Bumpers really are.

Solid? I see this as a flimsy piece of thin plastic with rubber. It does look nice, but it's got that cheap feeling to it. I don't see it lasting a full year with normal use. I value it at $2.99.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 08-05-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Haven't received mine yet, its scheduled to ship at the end of August.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I ordered the Griffin Motif and it was originally supposed to ship Sept. 7. I got an email yesterday saying that it has already shipped! I couldn't see anything in the tracking info until this morning and it shipped out of Illinois, doesn't have an expected delivery date but I'm keeping an eye out for it. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

I started out with the clear Belkin Grip Vue and it started turning yellow/brown after a few weeks. Returned it as faulty and got a Griffin Reveal. I like this case a lot better, but I got the white one and it's starting to look really dirty. Kind of frustrating that I've only had it a week and it looks like I've been carrying it around for a year, but luckily Griffin has great customer service. I apparently got one from their first batch of cases that has a problem with reflection off the case in flash pictures. They have shipped me a replacement case that is supposed to have fixed that issue, plus I have the Griffin Motif diamond smoke coming to me and a Griffin Reveal Etch for my hubby. I can switch cases depending on my mood, but I still need to get a bright, colorful one once they start coming out. LOL!
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by ladytonya View Post
    I can switch cases depending on my mood, but I still need to get a bright, colorful one once they start coming out. LOL!
    YES!!! Right now I have a black case and I ordered the Smoke one from Apple. I, too, am waiting for bright, colorful ones to come out so it doesn't look so manly!!
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Solid? I see this as a flimsy piece of thin plastic with rubber. It does look nice, but it's got that cheap feeling to it. I don't see it lasting a full year with normal use. I value it at $2.99.
    I actually disagree, I was extremely skeptical about the bumpers when they were released, however when I received mine I was very pleased with both the aesthetic and firm feel of the bumper on my phone. Would I buy it for $30? Probably not, but i probably would if it were priced at $20 instead.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

I also think the bumper case is actually pretty nice. I think it will last a long time. I also have the Incipio Feather and I hate it. There's no protection for the front of the phone whereas the bumper has a little lip that can help prevent the face from touching when laid on a table. (I hate screen protectors and don't use one.) In addition, the Feather easily scratches (even with a fingernail) and already looks horrible after just one week of use. I'll stick with the bumper for now.
    iPhone Newbie

I got mine today and I love the look and feel. They also shipped it to my P.O. Box. I was worried that it would be returned but, as an Apple representative told me on the phone, DHL just hands it to USPS making the delivery transaction seamless, whereas UPS and Fed-Ex will return it to the sender if it's delivered to a PO BOX.
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Mine came in last week, before it said it would ship by the end of Aug, then got confirmation that it shipped and I would have it by Aug 2 and I actually got it 3 days before that.

I am actually very pleased with the bumper. I thought it would have more of a squishy, flimsy feel to it, but it's very solid and a great fit, the buttons for the sleep and volume control I did not expect it to be the same material as it is on the actual phone which is great. As for the reception it seems like it actually got a little worse, but so far no dropped calls with or without the case for me so far!
    iPhone Nanite

Got mine too. Just because it was free but it has taken my iPhone to new levels. Reception and download speeds have increased significantly. I want to buy a spare/back-up but unfortunately they're not available anywhere.
    iPhone Intermediate

I got my email on Monday should be @ my door step on Aug 11th , but it is shipping DHL so I hope it gets to me OK .
    iPhone Newbie

I ordered the Belkin Micra case. Who knows when that thing will get here. Says Sept 8th!
    iPhone Beginner

I ordered the Speck Fitted. It said my delivery was scheduled for Sept. 1. I haven't gotten any shipping notification for it yet. Still waiting ...
    Shannon

Twitter
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I ordered the incase clear snap. Estimated to ship Sept 2nd
    iPhone Beginner

Default Got it

Got mine Thurs 8/5, placed order the 1st day available. Ordered the Griffin Reveal Etch. Original estimated delivery was Sept 1.

Not impressed. Flimsy plastic along the side edges where it wraps around to the display.

I already had a CaseMate I.D. Case and like it a lot. Just a wee bit too big from top to bottom.

Also, Casemate sent an offer to post a review of the I.D. on YouTube and they'd give me a promo code for another case for free. With it I got the Signature Leather. Sweet, a little bulky for my liking but I'll use it depending on the circumstance of what I'm doing that day - wedding, meeting.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

My free 3rd party case comes on Monday via DHL
    iPhone Newbie

I received my Griffin Reveal Etch graphite today.

My fiancee has a Griffin Reveal Etch which is white with a clear back, and I preferred her case to my Belkin. I have the clear Belkin that was offered for free as well. While I did like how the back turned grayish on my black iPhone, I did not like how hard the rubber was around the edges. The buttons were difficult to press. The Griffin has much easier buttons to press.

I am definitely happy with the Griffin as it looks nicer and is easier to use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast