Help me pick out a set of headphones.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I need the help from TIPB members in picking out my next set of headphones.

I am looking for a set of headphones that I can use while cutting grass (to cut out the noise) and biking/exercising.

I would like for them to be bluetooth but I do not see any that have a stellar review including the Plantronics 603 or the HD-S9.

With that said, I'm looking for some that are in-ear.

What do you recommend?

Thanks.

PS - If you own the Plantronics 603, what are your thoughts on them cutting out the sound of a mower?

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
I bought the Sony BT stereo headset and I'm very pleased with them. Battery life is 8 hours of talk. The head phones are wired to the control box, but not connected to the phone.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the Motorola S9-HD's. WHEN I use them they are great and excellent when working out or doing outside stuff. Problem is I never seem to find the time to use them. Between work and kids, it is hard. Maybe I should sell them ;)

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
If you go non-BT, go with Nuforce NE-7M. For the price, they're the best earphones you can buy, and they have excellent passive sound isolation. For BT, I have the Nuforce BT-Sports. I generally use them for when I go running?so they're no stranger to sweat. They have decent sound isolation and pretty good quality for BT.

kerriv

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I also use a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones. The model # I have is DR-BT101/BLK. They only thing that doesn't work with my iPhone is choosing a different track. Of course, I find it easier to use my iPhone to do that anyway.

Brassbuttons

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Jaybird makes stereo bluetooth headsets designed for the athlete. Go to Jaybirdgear.com for their current products. The company also has a new model that should be relesed this month called the BlueBuds. They're in ear stereo bluetooth earpieces that measure about 1 inch.

JayBird also says that the headphones have a new wireless audio technology that allows for cleaner, more-bass-heavy music. The earbuds also feature tips designed to seal with the ear, which should offer at least some passive sound isolation.

Jaybird also offers a lifetime warranty against damage from sweat.

I'm waiting for the release of the BlueBuds to pick up a pair.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys for the comments. I've reviewed all of the suggestions. Some I like, some I do not.

I want to make sure that the option I go for has external controls so that I can volume up/down/pause and accept calls. I want the microphone to be at least decent but I will hardly ever take/accept calls while wearing these.

I really like the design and Amazon price of the Plantronics 903. They are $41 new on Amazon with free shipping.

Keep the feedback coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2