Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

7 Posts

Default Problems with Flash & Gell Case

Has anyone tried the new Iphone camera and flash with a gel case ???

Even with the extended cut out for the new led flash, the pic gets washed out with a flood of light that is reflected from the case. (even with extensive clearence around the led flash)
    iPhone Intermediate

352 Posts
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

That was in the back of my mind when they tried to sell me one yesterday at best buy. I'm glad I didn't. I need to find a nice flat or matte finished case. preferably black,
    iMore Beginner

54 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Is that the Belkin case? Rats, I bought that one buried don't have the phone yet.
    iMore Genius

8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

I have the Ghost Armor protection installed front and back... no problems with the flash... I don't have any case yet, but was looking at the silicon gel cases... I wondered about the effect of the case on the flash... the Ghost Armor doesn't interfere and does protect the back of the phone, but I still want something substantial to protect my iPhone4
    iPhone Newbie

16 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I have the belkin clear gel case and my pictures turn out normal with the flash. I tested it in complete dark and low light and they came out perfect!