Screen Protector > Retina Display?

jaybirdz

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I apologize in advance for posting yet another screen protector thread, however I have a specific issue that I wanted to get some input on.

One of my favorite features of the iPhone 4 is the clear, crisp display. I bought a 3 pack of the iFrogz anti-glare screen protectors for the iPhone 4. After applying the screen protector, I noticed the screen appeared grainy, dull and pixelated. This distortion was even more obvious when I placed my phone beside my wife's phone w/o a protector. In fact, my screen resembled by iPhone 3g.

I read that the anti-glare and anti-smudge protectors will have this effect and that a clear protector will not. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Do you have any suggestions as to what brand and/or type of protector I can purchase that will not cause this problem?

Thanks! :)

PS:Another gripe about the iFrogz protector is that the cut leave open areas around the earpiece and beneath the button. This was in and of itself extremely annoying.

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly why I'm waiting till I can get a PowerSupport Crystal - had them on my last 2 iPhones and I've applied them to all my friends as well.
Whenever my iPhone is next to someones who have a different screen protector on you can see the difference every time.

azelaya84

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought a case that came with a free anti glare screen protector and yes it does kinda a make the screen a lil fuzzy. The main concern though with these screen protectors is i hope the all take into consideration the front facing camera because the one I got (although ita only temporary till my bse skin gets here lol) covers the camera and when activated everything looks relly blurry throught it.

neilied

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
the griffin kit partially covers the front cam and the home button but worst still the static stick didn't work so after careful application the bloody thing slid off in about 10 mins !!

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Waiting for PowerCrystal as well. I had it on my 3Gs and it is the best screen protector I've used to date.

I have a temporary body guard I paid $9.99 for the time being. I hate it!! When is Power going to start selling their protector? It's still showing as preorder.

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged emails with them yesterday and July 26 is the date they told me!!!
I've since been on the Boxwave.com site, got my FREE iPhone4 case and also ordered their own Boxwave Crystal protector as I've used them before and they were good.

May 22, 2009
Visit site
I am using the Steinheil Crystal Clear screen protector...You can't even tell it is on my iPhone!! The screen is sooooo clear!! no fuzziness what so ever!! I love SGP screen protectors they are Awesome!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73