iPhone 4 Cases

abunk79

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
I am holding off buying an iPhone 4 until I get an Otterbox Defender case for it. As soon as I get the e-mail from Otterbox saying I can order it I will. It is a company phone and I do maintenance at a lumber yard. I use my iPhone instead of going to my office so it has to be protected at all times.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I did a zagg shield on the front and a ifrogz case that covers the corners sold at bestbuy. Looks good for now. Probably get a holster when I find a good one.

goombah88

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a Speck CandyShell in black for my new iPhone 4. Have one on my now ex-iPhone 3G and it's hands down the best case i've ever used. Been waiting for the iPhone 4 version and it came out a couple days ago.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Clear Coat has a cutout for the flash?
I would assume if it is covered it is going to lessen the effect flash has on pictures taken and I am pretty impressed with the flash on the iPhone4! Works really well!!!!

the clearcoat does NOT have a cutout for the flash but it does not affect it in any way... i been using it since day 1 and love it, NO REGRETS :D

ematts

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I just called two ATT stores and no cases to be found.

Store 1: 89 phones yesterday, 8 cases
Store 2: 120 phones yesterday, 16 cases.

If you find one, buy it, then return in a week or two if you don't like it.

dolacheck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Could use some help here. So I bought one of the ifrogz cases from best buy and my problem is that the screen protector I also bought doesn't fit with the case. Anyone using one of these cases have a recommendation on screen protectors or should I just take the case back?

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping it fits in my current Golla bags (I have, um, 4-I really like them, lol) That way, I can use it case free and use the bag for protection in my bag. I love the look of the stainless steel band and don't want to cover it up.

I love my Golla bags! I have 3 currently and use them all the time. The fit is a little tighter with the iPhone 4 because it's a tad taller, but still works. And I'm kind of paranoid with my iphone and keep it not only in a Golla bag but also in a thin silicone case (hence the reason the golla bag is sometimes a tight fit).

My only beef with the Golla bags is that they generally will not close if you have earphones plugged in (and when I listen to my iPhone on the Metro, I like my iPhone to be concealed to protect it from both damage and theft). Anyway, to solve this problem, I cut a little narrow u-shaped area from the top flap and sewed it closed. Not pretty, but very functional! (see picture)

View attachment 5541

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Could use some help here. So I bought one of the ifrogz cases from best buy and my problem is that the screen protector I also bought doesn't fit with the case. Anyone using one of these cases have a recommendation on screen protectors or should I just take the case back?

I had this issue too. The silicone rubberized cases generally work better with screen protectors. I hate the iFrogz cases - they are too stiff and too hard to get on. Also, they are so "deep" that I have a hard time plugging in headphones or the aux jack in my car when my iPhone is in one of those iFrogz cases.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I did a zagg shield on the front and a ifrogz case that covers the corners sold at bestbuy. Looks good for now. Probably get a holster when I find a good one.

I couldn't get the Zagg to stay on with one of the iFrogz cases....it was just too snug unfortunately.

kblinco

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Otter Box All the way!

I know there are purists that don't wish to cover their phone with anything Bulky but for this kind of hardware at this kind of cash...protection is key. I will be getting the Otter Box Defender when it ships. I have a Zagg screen for scratching purposes and a temp $15 case for now but nothing gives the security of the Otter.

I had one on my 3G and never worried once if I dropped it. It's TOUGH! If you prefer protection over fashion, that's the best investment you will make for this phone...especially if you work your phone hard, have kids, hardwood floors or work a lot outside.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
the clearcoat does NOT have a cutout for the flash but it does not affect it in any way... i been using it since day 1 and love it, NO REGRETS :D

I made it to the local mall where clear-coat has a kiosk and they charge $29.99 for full wrap and $10 for install but line was too long to wait to have one installed. Going back tomorrow! It looks really good!!! And best part is if they screw up while installing it they take it off and do it again with a new one until its right!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I made it to the local mall where clear-coat has a kiosk and they charge $29.99 for full wrap and $10 for install but line was too long to wait to have one installed. Going back tomorrow! It looks really good!!! And best part is if they screw up while installing it they take it off and do it again with a new one until its right!

yeppp exactly! and for the 1st 2 weeks, if it peels off for any weird reason, they will change it and install it for free and anytime there after all u do is pay $10 install fee for LIFE! ;)

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Nice! It looked pretty good on the 2 iphones I watched him do and could only tell it was on by looking at an angle but straight on it looked perfect!

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Zagg is terrible! Stay away!!!!
Order it from Clear-Coat $25 and free shipping and install video online.
If you screw it up they send you another one free so you cant lose with it!!!