Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    TiPb Fourm Staff

iOS Version
    iOS 7.0

I don't think the 'Bumper' cases look that bad..
    Twitter = JHamilton24
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,053 Global Posts

I stopped by Best Buy earlier today and they had several cases. I'm not sure I'll keep the one I got, but I feel better with a case when on a call. Plus, it did solve the signal issue while holding the phone.
    iMore Newbie

Do you remember what cases bb was selling john? I know they had a rocketfish or something when I preorder. Im just trying to decide if I should get one with my phone today, or wait and get one online. I dont wanna scratch it though!
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by 03phoenix View Post
    I have used phantom skinz on my blackberry 8900 (sold), current iphone 3gs, and just got confirmation that my order will ship for my iphone 4. ALL skin orders come with TWO complete sets for your phone. I have been very happy with their products and if you are looking into a zagg/invisible shield type product I suggest you check out phantom skinz . com

If you enter the code "summersale2010" you will receive 30% off of your order (skinz only)

and no I don't work for phantomskinz lol. Now I'm waiting for switcheasy to release a case like the torrent and I'll be set!
    Are the screen covers so clear as not to inhibit the new crystal clear display on the iPhone 4? I know ZAGG screen covers were HORRIBLE and made the display look washed out and had the orange peel look to them.

Thanks
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canadu View Post
    Black bumpers are now backorderd for over a week now. I'm nervous about showing off my iPhone 4 tomorrow evening without a case or even the damn bumper.
    I just went to the Apple store, bypassed the huge line and bought a black bumper. They had a lot of them.
    iPhone Newbie

Default cases

My local bestbuy, (Best buy on Memorial, Oklahoma City), had several cases.
    The ones I remember were:

Griffin

iFrogz and Belkin

Case-Mate

I went with a Griffin because it was the only clear case I saw there.
    That and it was cheap. I'm going to be getting a OtterBox case when they are released.
    Although those iFrogz cases's looked kinda cool looking, but it didn't have a clear back.

The griffin case feels cheaply made. But it'll do for now.
    I also bought a zagg shield for the front of the phone, but I don't like it already. Feels and looks like scotch tape....
    iFrogz has some screen protectors also. They were $10 cheaper, but haven't used them before. One reason why I went with zagg.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I went with a Griffin because it was the only clear case I saw there.
    That and it was cheap. I'm going to be getting a OtterBox case when they are released.
    Although those iFrogz cases's looked kinda cool looking, but it didn't have a clear back.

The griffin case feels cheaply made. But it'll do for now.
    I also bought a zagg shield for the front of the phone, but I don't like it already. Feels and looks like scotch tape....
    iFrogz has some screen protectors also. They were $10 cheaper, but haven't used them before. One reason why I went with zagg.[/QUOTE]

I went with the griffin reveal case aswell. Pretty cool case just as cool as the bumpers but with protection for the back aswell.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,053 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dolacheck View Post
    Do you remember what cases bb was selling john? I know they had a rocketfish or something when I preorder. Im just trying to decide if I should get one with my phone today, or wait and get one online. I dont wanna scratch it though!
    I don't remember exactly. They did have the Rocketfish, Frogz, plus the one I got. I'm not sure which brand it is. I threw away the package at the counter. It's got rubbery feel, but stiff. It's not like silicon cases that are hard to get in and out of your pocket. It has kind of a diamond pattern on the back.
    iMore Newbie

Anyone have any idea of good the ifrog screen protectors are? They seem to come with those cases. I like the cases as well, might pick one up till I buy one online.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I have friends that swear by these:

You can also use promo code chatter to save 20%.
    iPhone Intermediate

I just ordered a Clear-Coat case, I'll see how it is in a few days when I get it.

You can use the code '25off' for 25% off
    2 - AT&T iP4S 16gb | iPad WiFi 32gb | 13" Macbook Pro 2.4 | Black Macbook 2.16 | Apple TV2
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by morgantm89 View Post
    I just ordered a Clear-Coat case, I'll see how it is in a few days when I get it.

You can use the code '25off' for 25% off
    yesss clear coat is the shizz! i got my i4 and iPad in those, u cant even see that there is a coating on it

it was supposed to be $90 for iPad and iPhone combo but the guy gave me $15 off so i got it done for $75 installed
    Last edited by Hack-My-I; 06-24-2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Join me on Facebook and check out my group: Hack-My-I
    Note: Pls let me know if u are on TiPb while sending me a friend request so i can send u an invitation to the group, Thanks!
    Follow Me on Twitter and I will Follow You Back
    Blk iPhone 4 32GB
    White iPad2 16gb wi-fi: hack-my-i Edition

iCANT Customize MY iPHONE. AGAIN. (iOS4 UPDATE!!!) Sign this Petition and let your voice be heard!!
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Hack-My-I View Post
    yesss clear coat is the shizz! i got my i4 and iPad in those, u cant even see that there is a coating on it

it was supposed to be $90 for iPad and iPhone combo but the guy gave me $15 off so i got it done for $75 installed
    I assume by that comment that the Clear-Coat does NOT fade out the display on the iPhone4 in any way? That's exactly what I'm looking for!!!!
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by RIPNHL2005 View Post
    I assume by that comment that the Clear-Coat does NOT fade out the display on the iPhone4 in any way? That's exactly what I'm looking for!!!!
    DOES NOT!! i will post pix tonite and u be the judge!!
    Note: Pls let me know if u are on TiPb while sending me a friend request so i can send u an invitation to the group, Thanks!
    Blk iPhone 4 32GB

iCANT Customize MY iPHONE. AGAIN. (iOS4 UPDATE!!!) Sign this Petition and let your voice be heard!!
    iMore Intermediate

Sweet Thanks!!!
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by RIPNHL2005 View Post
    Are the screen covers so clear as not to inhibit the new crystal clear display on the iPhone 4? I know ZAGG screen covers were HORRIBLE and made the display look washed out and had the orange peel look to them.

Thanks
    The phantomskinz do show some orange peel when held at certain angles but I honestly do not notice it's there when I'm using the phone. I've heard zagg is the worst but cannot speak from personal experience. I can say that phantomskinz and ghostarmor make great products, phantomskinz having the edge with better pricing and teh fact that you get two kits with each purchase. Just remember to give your phone a day or two to look its best after an install because there will be fingerprints/smuges, but they will go away after a few days.

Hope this helps
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Hack-My-I View Post

Awesome! I've read a ton of great reviews on it so figured I'd give it a shot. With that and the Otterbox case my new 4 should be protected pretty well!
    2 - AT&T iP4S 16gb | iPad WiFi 32gb | 13" Macbook Pro 2.4 | Black Macbook 2.16 | Apple TV2
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I was able to take pix of my iPad so Here u go:

Blk iPhone 4 32GB

19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #69  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

I have the black bumper on right now and actually like it, will use until a clear switcheasy or incipio comes out
    Wifey and I: 2 iPhone 5's (Black - Hers and White - Mine)
    Macbook Pro
    2nd Macbook Air
    New iPad in black 32GB wifi
    3rd Gen. iPod (Baby Lullaby Music)
    If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button
    iMore Newbie

I got a black Bumper today at launch. I actually really like it, but the cutout in the bottom for the dock connector is cut to precisely fit Apple's plug, and the Griffin AutoPilot I use in my car doesn't fit the hole. That's something I can't live with, so the search continues.
    iPhone Newbie

Can't believe the lack of choice on launch day - I'm getting feedback from Incipio that their feather case is out early next week.

Anyone every tried their NGP Matte case? Sounds like it is a bit more flexible and maybe less prone to the corners cracking due to use/stress after a while.

I want something as minimalist as possible for such a nice phone.

Also waiting on Power Support Crystal screen protectors but I'm almost giving up, they are 19.95 and then they want 28.50 international shipping!!! WTF!!!??? A film weighs less than a postage stamp almost so how can they justify the shipping costs

Hoping the Crystal appears on Apple Store or Amazon anytime soon...
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

got a lot choice at minimaxdeal store. cheap and nice
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

the screen protector only cost less than USD10 inclusive shipping.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

just let me know if everyone need ipad or iphone accessories, i might can help to get a good deal for you. surely good quality
    iMore Intermediate

Does anyone know if the Clear Coat has a cutout for the flash?
    I would assume if it is covered it is going to lessen the effect flash has on pictures taken and I am pretty impressed with the flash on the iPhone4! Works really well!!!!
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast