iPhone 4 Cases

theiPhonechick

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My first post on these forums. Great thread and very informative for someone like me who will be switching from BlackBerry to my first iPhone. Thanks everyone. :)

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
What's the universal protector? Does it have cutouts for the camera?

After seeing the photos of the white bumper - I so wish there was one of those with a back on it. I really like the metal buttons.

Nope. Its just a rectangle with a grid on the backing piece that you cut to size. Its a temporary measure.

I've since ordered from an eBay seller, the SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint screen protector (rumoured to be the best available at the moment) for ?11.99. Also bought a ?3 cheap-o rear protector off eBay. It is fitted with camera cutout.

Gonna use both with the black Apple Bumper.

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
@ flatline

How badly does it block the flash?

Sorry I didn't check that. I just wanted to try it out to see if it fit in the Apple Store. I was on the fence and still am about upgrading my 3GS. Also I'm still on a waiting list at Radio Shack if they ever get anymore in at mine.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Temporary setup waiting on Seidio

Currently have Zagg shield on front and ifrogs case on my 4. Waiting on Seidio to start shipping Innocases with holster combo. Not decided on the Innocase Surface or Active. Coming over from Blackberry and have used these combos for all my phones. Very well built and a great warranty if you should need it.

miracLe

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I work in consruction and my pockets always seem to be filled with grit, and stuff like that. Any solutions you guys recremend for protection. I got a Zagg on the way.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I heard Rene is making these for all the TiPb staff... lol

iphone-revolver-case.jpg

Link to more pics and directions ....
Revolver iPhone by juniortan - Thingiverse

Fresh1

Last edited:

Bill77

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Walked in my AT&T store right after a few cases came in and got a black speck candyshell. Great protection and feels good in your hand. Unfortunately the charge openning is too small for my sedio retractable cables. Otherwise very happy.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I like that feather case, but boy that thing does absolutely nothing to protect the front screen. I thought it would come up to at least be parallel to the front screen, but it actually is a bit shy of that. I have one on order, but in having one in the past, I know they only provide minimal protection. My Zagg Invisible Shield will have to provide the rest to the front screen. I never lay my phone down on the front screen, so long as the back is protected I'll be good with it. The other thing about this case is that you can generally dock it with most docks. I know it works with my XM Skydock, JBL Dock and iKicker Boombox. So, that will make this case worth it as compared to others that provide a bit better level of front screen protection.

I also like that it allows the phone to show some of the aluminum sides where the buttons are, but also uses the exact shape of the phone, so you still get that square design look. I found the bumpers tend to round off the iPhone totally losing the square design look and of course provides even less protection to the back of the phone.

Last edited:

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I like that feather case, but boy that thing does absolutely nothing to protect the front screen. I thought it would come up to at least be parallel to the front screen, but it actually is a bit shy of that. I have one on order, but in having one in the past, I know they only provide minimal protection. My Zagg Invisible Shield will have to provide the rest to the front screen. I never lay my phone down on the front screen, so long as the back is protected I'll be good with it. The other thing about this case is that you can generally dock it with most docks. I know it works with my XM Skydock, JBL Dock and iKicker Boombox. So, that will make this case worth it as compared to others that provide a bit better level of front screen protection.

I also like that it allows the phone to show some of the aluminum sides where the buttons are, but also uses the exact shape of the phone, so you still get that square design look. I found the bumpers tend to round off the iPhone totally losing the square design look and of course provides even less protection to the back of the phone.

it's a good case, if u look at ur phone you will see that the aluminum part sticks out more then the rest of the phone. The case attaches to this part. But yeah it comes with 2 screen protectors too.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
If you're looking for a belt holster, I would look at Siedio.
seidioonline.com
I would suggested the "Innocase Surface II combo" (case and clip combo.)
Innocase II Surface Combo, Black For use with Apple iPhone 4
They have been making the spring clip holster for many years for many different phone types. They have a one you can use without a case, and one you can use with a their case(es), and they make pretty good products.
So that's one suggestion.

Thanks for the links. I love holster cases and the link will come In handy soon :)

iMarna

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an Incipio case when I bought my phone, but I don't like how it attracts lint. It's rather bulky, as well. I'm currently using a Belkin gel case with a Zagg Invisible Shield on the front. I can switch from the Belkin case to the Incipio depending on my activity, ie: I'll use the Incipio for horseback riding, and the Belkin for lower-risk stuff.

The one thing I don't like about the Belkin is that the volume buttons are very hard to use through the gel. Great for not changing the volume by accident, though.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Bulky is an odd thing to say lol

Although I can understand the lint issue. I don't really like cases that don't lip over the screen, as lint tends to gather around the case edges if so. This is why I really liked the SwitchEasy Vulcan.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Disappointed with the SGP anti fingerprint protector. Better then Griffin Matte but still you can see patterning from the protector when displaying light colours on screen. Also think it blurs the screen a little too.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
U had an incipio feather case that was bulky? Don't think so, 1mm thick

I don't think she has an Incipio Feather, they don't attract lint by any means and they certainly aren't bulky. By far one of the thinnest cases on the market. I think she likely have the Incipio Derma, because they are silicone and do tend to catch lent and are much more bulky than the Feather. I personally hate cases that come up over the display as this causes a lot of problems with screen protectors. The Feather fits the bill nicely. This is why there are so many cases, everyone is different.

Last edited:

BridgetS

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not too impressed with my screen protector that I have right now. I also picked up a $15.99 case at best buy. I don't feel that it is well protected at all!!!

iMarna

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think she has an Incipio Feather, they don't attract lint by any means and they certainly aren't bulky. By far one of the thinnest cases on the market. I think she likely have the Incipio Derma, because they are silicone and do tend to catch lent and are much more bulky than the Feather. I personally hate cases that come up over the display as this causes a lot of problems with screen protectors. The Feather fits the bill nicely. This is why there are so many cases, everyone is different.

Thank you. No, it's not the Feather model. I couldn't remember what the packaging said, and it only says Incipio on the case itself. It was the only one they had at the store when I bought my phone, and they gave it to me for free.

I'd post a photo, but I don't have a high enough post count yet. :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR