IK's iRig

sapp

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
If you havnt heard IK has announced AmpliTube iRig last week. AmpliTube iRig is a combination of an easy-to-use instrument interface adapter and the new AmpliTube for iPhone software for guitar & bass.

2572_6761.jpg

The new AmpliTube iRig is already available for pre-orders from the IK online store at $39.99/?29.99 MSRP (exc. VAT), and AmpliTube for iPhone will be available in 3 versions: FREE, LE ($2.99/?2.39) and FULL ($19.99/?15.99).

Not only that, but more gear can be added to FREE and LE through an in-app purchase of a-la-carte models with stompboxes costing $2.99/?2.39 each, and amplifiers + cabinets for $4.99/?3.99 each.

Now that is awesome. This new accessory is going to be a great addition to all musicians on the go.

You can check out the new AmpliTube iRig for yourself @ http://www.amplitube.com/irig

iMario

May 10, 2010
www.make-coffee.net
This is really cool. The only negative point is that usually guitar fx work as pedals since a musician's hands are rarely free. But, btw is a very nice app/add on!

May 11, 2010
Visit site
iMario - thanks for the kind words. We're already looking into things that might help folks live without foot control. Please send/post any ideas. Are you a performer that would use something like this, maybe play along with tracks? I know I've used X-GEAR and a laptop in the past and it works great but this would be awesome. So I'm kind of interested in this sort of thing (getting around no foot controls) too.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
Very cool IK!

I'm not good enough at guitar to purchase and house all of that equipment, but something like this would "rock".

Will it be a universal binary so it will work on the iPad?

maven1

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Brilliant!

One question: if I want to use this as an external effects box in a recording rig, what processing latency input->output should I expect from this? Also, will this latency depend on what iPhone hardware/software you're running, or will it change even on the same hardware/software one day to the next?

sapp

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
AmpliTube for iPhone has been updated to 2.0 with some incredible improvements. There's a DSP update that includes some derived directly from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS to really make it sound awesome. There's also a ton of free updates like SpeedTrainer (note that there are full apps that charge for this functionality), 1-track recording and reamping, Preset Naming, direct import from iTunes library, export WAV or MP3, I/O level adjustments, 50-song import now, etc. Check it out at http://www.amplitube.com/iphone

You can also see some video demos at YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Here are a few screen shots:
irig.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2