Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default App-enabled iPod Dock

Hi! I’m working on behalf of iHome, and I wanted to get forum members’ opinions on the new iHome iA5.

The iA5, a full featured alarm clock speaker, is the first app-enhanced speaker dock which allows owners to dock, charge, sleep and wake to audio stored on their iPhone and iPod… but the really cool part is that it works along with an all new free app: iHome+Sleep. The app allows delivers a digest of “overnight news” and allows users to track sleep stats and receive social media alerts so you’ll never miss out on what happened while you were asleep again!

So what do you guys think? Would you use the iHome+Sleep app? I would love to hear your thoughts!
    iMore Intermediate

154 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,169 Global Posts

I would only use this app if a couple of features existed: 1) allow a user customized option to start up the home app when the iPhone is plugged into the dock. 2) allow the screen to go dark after a certain amount of time (as per sleep settings), and 3) allow alarms to be set either by app or in the home doc itself ( as mine does now).