Need help finding the right iPad case
So I love my iPad, and while I mostly use it at home, I don't mind using it without a case. However, I want to find a good, quality case for when I take it out. I really want it to meet specific criteria though. I've looked all over the web for a case that matches my criteria, but nothing matches 100%. I hope I'm missing something, and the savvy tipb forum members can point me in the right direction. Here is what I want in order of importance:
- A leather folio case, similar to those you might find for the Kindle (Necessary)
- A way to prop up the iPad when open so it doesn't just sit flat on a lap or desk (Necessary)
- Storage for iPad Camera Connection Kit, at least one dongle (Necessary)
- Protection on all sides but still allowing access to ports/buttons (Nice, but not necessary)
- A way to secure the front flap closed, perhaps with a magnetic closure or strap (Nice, but not necessary)
- BONUS if it can store the charger and cable (I'm thinking this one is a longshot.)
So whadaya say? Does such a case exist?
- 05-09-2010, 02:34 AM #2
- 05-09-2010, 06:18 AM #3
I still haven't found the exact case I'm looking for, but I think the one that comes closest is Marware's Eco-Vue for iPad. It doesn't have storage for the camera connection kit, which is a bummer, but I've started keeping those in my camera bag anyway, so it may not be a big deal. I think I'll get this one for the time being.
- 05-13-2010, 11:45 PM #5
Glad you found something that will work for you. What you described sounded like it would be huge enough to make the iPad less portable but I see why you wanted all of it. My suggestion would be a good padfolio case and may e a nice small messenger bag for everything else you want to carry. Good luck though. I'm getting a nice leather sleeve for now and then going and getting a small bag like I suggested to you.
- 05-15-2010, 09:59 AM #6
- 05-15-2010, 10:04 PM #8
Never happen... lol.
I'd like one that would hold my iPad, iPhone, DSLR, and leave space for everything else I need without taking up any extra space... i want it to look good and be made of high quality materials and have good craftsmanship.
Because of all of that, I gave up looking.
- 06-05-2010, 08:48 AM #9