Otterbox Defender - rubber part & lint...

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I would hate to say a LOT of lint, but because the Silicon is a bit "tacky" it does attract some. Of course it also depends upon the pants I wear. Jeans tend to attract more lint than Khakis do.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
They give you the belt clip because its not meant to be a case to be carried in a pocket. Rubbery cases dont do well in a pocket, no matter what brand they are. I do have some dust on mine from it being used often and placed on any type of surface, but I wouldn't use "lint" and "lot" in a description of mine. try a wet papertowel and carefully rub the rubber?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Mine has been getting less and less lint\dust\hair since I've been using my belt clip. But, I only started using my belt clip when I received the new and improved belt clip ;)

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
mine had a lot on it when i had it, but i think its just the material used. the commuter has the same problem. it also tends to get "oily" it seems. i was taking mine off every few days and washing it in soap and water to help out, this in turn however made it "tacky" again! LOL i couldnt win for losing!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Mine has been getting less and less lint\dust\hair since I've been using my belt clip. But, I only started using my belt clip when I received the new and improved belt clip ;)

Amen to that!! The first one stunk! This one is actually works and I use it most of the time as well.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The Otterbox for my iPhone 4 is a lot better than the ones offered on the 3Gs/3GSs. It has a different texture to it and is a lot less "sticky." However, some lint does get attached. I just get passed it because of the protection it offers for the phone.

MrFadedGlory#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Did you buy this new belt clip or did Otterbox replace it? I also have the Defender.

Are you guys talking about the Defender for 3G/3GS? or i4?

Last edited:

joelw

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have my iPhone 4 two weeks and my Otterbox Defender case one week, and use the holster. I still get lint and cat hair on the Silicon case. I am wondering if Armour All or something like that would help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2