Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

18 Posts

Default Bluetooth Car Stereo?

So... can I get a bluetooth enabled car stereo and use that to send my music to the car stereo? My 2001 Honda Passport has a cassette deck that I'm looking to replace. I was going to go with an Aux in jack but doing it withouth cables would be sweet. I have an FM transmitter currently but finding an open frequency is difficult in my area.
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

From my own personal experience, Bluetooth quality is very poor. Now keep in mind that different headends might offer varying quality, but I own a DUAL XHD6425 with the companion BTM60 bluetooth adapter and I am simply not impressed. The volume is lower, the bass is weaker... not fun at all. But plug my 3GS into the same receiver via the included AUX port and it's fantastic! Then go and plug in the charger in to the car and listen to an incessant whine!! Arggghhh. I have yet to find a good solution.

I would love to see other opinions.
    iPhone Guru

1,604 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts

^ i couldnt agree with Steve more! Plug and play will always be the best choice as far as sound quality goes...i plug and play mines into my Pioneer P3100DVD and i loveeeeeee ittttt!! Even though the usb is visible, it doesnt look too bad! People are too focused on the fact that the iPod interface pops up on my dvd touch screen and they forget about everything else...