Alternatives to the headphones with mic and remote?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I shorted out the the mic+remote clicker of the headphones that came with my iPhone 3GS during a sweaty workout. Should have read all the reports on the 'net of people having this problem :-(

Are there any other products with mic and controller (compatible with the iPhone 3GS) that have a moisture/sweat-proof construction, for both the earpieces and the controller?

An alternative to the ear-bud design will be an added plus (the buds don't stay in my ear very well, especially during workouts).

Thanks.
Aloke

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Apple offers a higher end pair that will work with the 3gs but not sure about the sweat proof prob. They're $79. Look em up maybe they'll work for you.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I bet those "in-ear" ones from Apple have the same (fragile) controller piece as the the stock ear-bud ones. Besides, I don't like the ear-canal type either. The "loop-over each ear" is my favorite type.

The ONLY other product certified to work with the 3GS (full functionality of mic and remote) is "Klipsch Image S4i In-Ear Headphones with Apple In-Line Microphone And Remote System" which is not cheap ($100) and not sweat-proof.

I hope some of the "sports" headsets will eventually add the mic+controller soon.

FreeLunch

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
aprasad - how do you know the klipsch are not sweat proof? I canned them and the guy said they were sweatproof. He could be wrong.

I did return the headphones at the apple store and I just started a test where I put syran wrap/tape around the remote. We'll see if it works.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
aprasad - how do you know the klipsch are not sweat proof? I canned them and the guy said they were sweatproof. He could be wrong.

I did return the headphones at the apple store and I just started a test where I put syran wrap/tape around the remote. We'll see if it works.

I read it on a BBS (Googled it). Any information from Klipsch will be more reliable. They don't mention this feature on their web site, though.

FreeLunch

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Well i don't think a lot of headphones advertise themselves as being sweatproof, with the exception of certain sports headphones. However, a lot of them do work under sweaty conditions.

I guess we won't know until someone does it and posts it or we try it for ourself!

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I love my Apple in-ear buds. I workout with them all the time.....

How much do u sweat?
Buckets. On the exercise bike.
I ruined 3 Motorola S9 and one Apple buds (the remote control got shorted .. Apple replaced it under warranty).

Even the "in ear canal" Apple product won't do me any good because the remote control on these are not sweat-proof.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
WOWO you killed the S9's too!!?

I also do biking 2x a week and sweat a ton. Mine still work.

Dude..... see a doctor.

Just kidding. I'm out of answers

ar1es99

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
protect your iphone remote/mic from sweat and other moisture

new product to protect your iphone remote/mic from sweat and other moisture. no more running to Apple store after every workout to replace your headphone! Check it Out! i-Sweat protector on ebay

Search "i-sweat" iphone protector on ebay!

I made this product for myself after not finding any solutions online! i test my different ideas before find this solution. now i can jog, spin and even sit in the steam room with no problems!

mark54000

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic they offer pro audio performance and impressive sound isolation, and convenient buttons let you adjust the volume, control music and video playback and even answer or end calls on your i Phone3gs

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Yeah, but those are not sweat-proof. The remote control on those will short out as easily as those in the Apple ear-bud with Remote and Mic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods