Car Cradle Question

tommc4

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello Everyone!
I am seriously considering drinking the kool-aide and getting a 3Gs in October or November. I am trying to plan things CAREFULLY, and mobile use is a BIG consideration for me.

I am looking for a cradle for the #Gs that terminates in the actual iPhone connector. I have a Pioneer in-dash nav unit and the iPhone adaptor. The adaptor has a plug that actually inserts into the phone...the actual Apple ipod/iphone connector.

The most important part is that the cradle MUST be a "drop in" that is I don't plug a wire into it, I just drop it in, like the desk cradles that come with the iphones.

Does anyone know of such a cradle? Everything I see is either just a charger, or has audio/video outputs. My nav unit will control the phone, o this would be the best (and safest) solution for me.

Any help would be greatly apprecited!!

Tom

holland_patrick

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
ok i'm not sure what your meaning as i think you need to route a cable from your Navi to the i-pod... but this attaches the cable to the cradle...

ProClip Mounting System?-?Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel for Cable Attachment

Item No. 915255 - Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel for Cable Attachment

The cable plug must be of the same design, shape and dimensions as the one shown in the picture
Dock and undock with one hand
Create a "dock type" connection to your iPhone by incorporating you own cable into the holder

Locking feature at the holders base for permanent cable attachment
For use with cables such as Data/GPS/Sync/Charging cables etc.
Custom fit to your device
Holds device securely
Keeps your device within easy reach
Easily slide device in and out
Keeps your device upright for better cellular/GPS reception
Neat and discreet design blends well with vehicle's interior
Holder can tilt 15 degrees in any direction and swivel 360 degrees
Made of heat and cold resistant ABS plastic

tommc4

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Not quite....

...what I am looking for. I want to just drop the phone in and take it out, without having to fumble around with cables. The Wilson looks like the ONLY unit out there so far! Gotta chat with them, but they are 3 hours behind me....

Thanks for the note, though!

tommc4

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
My bad...

I looked at it again, and yes, that will work. In fact, I think my son just ordered one. I am weighing the options of having the Wilson unit with the booster, but, I want to thank EVERYONE here for your help! Certainly is a very friendly community!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2