Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

346 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,913 Global Posts

Default oleophobic screen protector?

I love the screen on my 3GS, but I'm afraid that it'll get scratched sooner or later.

Is there a good screen protector that behaves the same way as the oleophobic screen of the 3GS?

Will I damage the 3GS screen coating if/when I peel the screen protectors off/on?

iPhone Newbie

34 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

There is not a true oleophobic screen protector on the market at this moment. However, the PS anit-glare protector will give you some smudge resistance like the coating does. However there is debate over whether the anti-glare characteristics make the screen less viewable (tinting the screen, or a cloudiness) in some way compared to a completely clear screen protector.

You should not damage the screen in the act of taking the screen protector off unless you do so incorrectly. Don't use sharp tools!
    TiPb Fourm Staff

1,695 Posts

Great question.

I do recommend the PowerSupport Anti-Glare screen protector. Yes it is not as clear as the crystal version but its nothing too bad.