Are any cases dock/cradle friendly?

BreckJeff

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a charging dock (doesn't have to sync) that will allow me to store my phone upright (with the screen viewable from my desk) while charging at work. I have a Switch Easy Colors silicone case. I've read conflicting reviews on some docks as to whether or not they will accept iPhones that have cases on them. Some say the iPhone 3G insert is not needed if you have a case (so a phoen in case might work), others say that iPhones in cases won't fit/work at all. I have looked at the Apple dock, the Griffin Power Dock and the Dexim one too.

Sure I could lie my phone (in it's case) flat on my desk and simply plug it in to the dock connector to USB cable. But ideally my phone screen would be propped up and facing me so I could be more aware of missed calls and other Push notifications and reminders.

Any advice is appreciated.

doneall

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Docking station that fits with iPhone case

Here is another option. Similar to the Seidio but with a different look.

made2dock.myshopify.com

BreckJeff

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
thanks that made2dock one looks really nice. I am currently using the Innodock Jr. and it works well with my SwitchEasy Colors and Incipio cases.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I really like that made2dock a lot as well. When those black ones come out I will most likely be putting in an order.

miked#IM

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Another trick which works for nearly all docks except the Apple iPhone cradle is to not place a dock insert in the dock. Your encased iPhone will then just slide right in. That's what we do with our Griffin dual charger dock. For desktop, I have the Seido Jr which works great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2