iPhone Signal Booster - What do you think to This .?

siam

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi guy's , I am considering buying an iPhone 3GS but my problem is that I live in a remote part where the phone signal is not that good, at the moment I am using a Sony Ericsson K790i , connected to an external roof antenna, which gives me full signal reception. So ive been looking at what's avaiable for the iPhone to boost its reception signal, and the only thing ive managed to find is this ...

Wilson 805201 iBooster for Apple iPhone - Wireless Amplifier

The iPhone is a great tool, but it
frequently needs a boost. Without
a good cell signal, many iPhone
applications can not receive data
in a timely manner.

The Wilson iBooster is a dual-band
cell signal amplifier that improves
cell signal quality and strength.
iBooster is a complete kit for your
vehicle that includes amplifier,
antenna and power supply.

I was wondering if any one was using this booster, or can offer me some advice about improving the iPhones reception signal.

Your thoughts are most welcome

Thanks Siam

Ps , sorry can't post web link or screen shot as this is my first post

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Wilson Electronics makes in building amplifiers and mobile amps that work in addition to the iBooster. I sell all of them. The iBooster is limited to boosting just the one iPhone and provides a nice holder. The in building and mobile amps will boost any cell phone (not Nextel) that is located in proximity. So for example, one might use this amp in the car and two or more users could benefit from the enhanced signal. Likewise the in building as I use in my office will boost for anyone in the building. I've just posted an iBooster on eBay. I got a one time promo deal so I'm passing on my savings to one lucky bidder. iBooster - iPhone cellular amp - reduce dropped calls - eBay (item 160360934384 end time Sep-11-09 14:25:02 PDT)

iModz3G

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
I tried one antenna Booster but no results as I expected ! Where I live is too difficult to have good reception,

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
First, there are real amplifiers made by real communications manufacturers and there is junk. If it's cheap, yuo get what you pay for. Second, if there is no coverage, there's nothing to boost. On the other hand, if there is one bar on your phone, there is likely enough to boost to a usable level. Common sense - no signal = nothing to boost no matter how magical the amplifier device. My first choice is Wilson Electronics. Sold with a 30 day return policy so one risks the cost of shipping. In my business, if a buyer returns within 30 days, they eat the outbound shipping plus my actual cost to return the product to Wilson. I carefully qualify each of my buyers as to the amount of local coverage they have. Feel free to PM for a quote.

paul_form

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
zboost YX510

This looks pretty cool. I would like to have one if there was a way to use it in my house...

Hi compguru, if you need a cell phone signal booster that you can use at home, the zboost YX510 is a popular one. This is the one that I'm using at home. Just make sure you have enough signal at home that it can boost. Place it somewhere there is 3-5 bars of signal for it to really work, if you have really poor signal everywhere then I'm afraid that you won't see any results.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Wilson amps are a bit more robust than the Z-Tel units. If one has one bar outside, a Wilson will deliver a usable signal inside. The iPhone booster isn't designed for in home use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234