The Case-Mate "Fuel" Case - First Impression

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ok, first and foremost, I bought this case based on the review conducted here on TiPb.com. I had high expectations for this case. Until I opened the box.

Ok, I saw how a$$-ugly this thing was online, through photos and videos. The crazy thing is that some part of me kept on saying "Give it a chance, maybe it'll grow on you." Well, after 24 hours of use, it HAS grown on me - like a toxic fungus I desperately need to cleanse and sanitize. I hate this damned thing. First things first, it's missing the top half of the case.

What the hell? Would it have cost too much money to have designed the REST of the case and make it a two-piece snap-together case or something? I feel like my phone is TOO vulnerable to scratches and dings on the top and back because it's got NO protection.

The beltclip isn't as intrusive as I thought it would be, so I have no real complaints about that.

As far as the rest of the design, this thing screws up EVERY SCREEN PROTECTOR THAT I HAVE!

I have tested this with the Agent 18 anti-glare protector, as well as the mirror-finished screen protector. EACH one of the protectors "peels up" and "bubbles" right by the home button because the damned fit is so tight.

I HATE this, as the bubbles really get on my nerves and annoy the hell out of me.

SO FAR, the case seems to perform it's function very well, but I'll have a more detailed review at approx. 9:00 P.M. or so, after over 15 hours of heavy use.

So far, the design of this thing is so atrocious that I don't think I would even care if I didn't need to charge for the next MONTH, that's how much I dislike this thing so far...

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the review! I've been looking at that case and now I don't have to try it!

I need to figure something, though. Maybe just one of those external battery things. Frequently my phone is on it's last leg after work and won't make it through the playground time with kids afterwards. Or I could just use it less at work...

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The crazy thing is that I already wall around with the Kensington portable power pack, and as big and bulky as it is, I think I'd rather carry that around.

I'm thinking about returning this and getting the "In Case" battery/case combo instead. It offers FULL protection for the iPhone, but it has a lower capacity. The Case-Mate Fuel can charge about 2.5 times (to 100%), and from what I've read the "In Case" charger can only charge to about 2.0 times (to 100%).

I guess we'll see. Like I said, SO FAR, this case is hideous to the eye, but it charges wonderfully. I'm just not sure it's enough, you know?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Trust me, I know, but the foolish consumer in me kept on pushing to force myself to try to like it. :)

Also, the review didn't mention that something as thin as a screen protector would cause a problem. That one caught me by surprise - wasn't expecting that.

Hey Ash, what are YOUR impressionsn of this case? Have you tried it yet?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Trust me, I know, but the foolish consumer in me kept on pushing to force myself to try to like it. :)

Also, the review didn't mention that something as thin as a screen protector would cause a problem. That one caught me by surprise - wasn't expecting that.

Hey Ash, what are YOUR impressionsn of this case? Have you tried it yet?

I did the review! ;)

And I don't use screen protectors so I didn't see that as a problem. :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox