Car cradle for phones IN a case

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking for a solution, as it seems that any manufacturer of any decent window mount for the iphone also requires you remove the case first...

take the future tom tom mount for example, it is depicted with just the phone w/o case... i'd like to use these accessories, but need to find a decent mount to replace the cheap one i got.

newmacuser

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
car mount with case

anyone have :

? will this adjust to a bigger case?

According the the description it will

from apple website
"The thoughtful design of the TuneBase lets you use it without removing your iPhone or iPod from its case. The TuneBase cradle also easily repositions your iPhone horizontally to view turn-by-turn directions and videos."

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
the griffin road trip will allow you to use a case if you don't use the included inserts, however, the case has to be small enough to be able to set it on the dock and have the dock connector go all the way in. I used it with an incase protective cover just fine. You might have to lean the back of the phone against part of the dash, otherwise, the weight of the iphone will be resting solely on the dock connector.

You might also look at som universal gps mounts. I got one from radio shack that clips onto the window or onto the a/c vent.

holland_patrick

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
my friend has the proclip system and the hold adjusts for the size of his case.. I'm getting one hesaid it's the base model holder i don't have enough posts otherwise i'd link it

paul_form

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I heard that the iBooster - an in-vehicle cell phone repeater serves as a cradle and a cell phone signal booster at the same time. A cradle which lets you put the iphone with or without a case. I'm looking to buy one but still thinking about it coz of the price.

subie09lega

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a windshield mount (suction cup) solution so that I can easily attach it and use the GPS function. I have my phone in an Incase Slider so I can't use a custom fit mount, has to be adjustable. I don't want one which sits on the dash and that I have to install something to stick to the dash.
I've seen the vent mountable options. Are they easy to install? Does the ventilation directly on the phone cause issues with battery life (heat/drastic temperature variations are not kind to batteries).

Myself

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a windshield mount (suction cup) solution so that I can easily attach it and use the GPS function. I have my phone in an Incase Slider so I can't use a custom fit mount, has to be adjustable. I don't want one which sits on the dash and that I have to install something to stick to the dash.
I've seen the vent mountable options. Are they easy to install? Does the ventilation directly on the phone cause issues with battery life (heat/drastic temperature variations are not kind to batteries).

I'm using a vent mounted cradle currently. It's very easy to install, though it looks like it'll be a pain to remove (haven't tried to yet, but once it's mounted it's definitely secure). The only issue so far is that it does wobble a slight bit. There are little pieces you can slide to hold it more securely, but they come loose and it starts to wobble again...but only if you apply pressure. It doesn't rock while driving, so that's not an issue. As for the vent affecting the battery life, I haven't noticed anything the few times I have run a/c on the phone directly (outside of a cold case), but I tend to run through the windshield vent more often than not. If I know I'm going to be using the vents pointed at me, I take the phone out of the holder until I can switch back to the windshield vent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73