Is a screen protector worth investing in?

Quaseem R.

May 21, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 3G's screen is sturdy and I've seen it tested under tough conditions. But I wonder if a screen protector is worth it. What are the benefits of it if I never put my screen in danger? It's always in a pouch with the screen faced toward my hip and whenever I'm out of the house I keep an Incase Slider Case.

robbiebisme

May 31, 2009
Visit site
i had a screen protector on my phone but it got all banged up i took it off and my phone has yet to have a single scratch on it ive dropped it once or twice and its been in and out of my pocket and the screen still is perfect i dont think the screen protectors are worth bothering with

Quaseem R.

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that's how I felt about it. I think i'll just stick with the Incase Slider Case. Zagg hypes up the screen protector and it honestly doesn't seem worth $20+

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yeah that's how I felt about it. I think i'll just stick with the Incase Slider Case. Zagg hypes up the screen protector and it honestly doesn't seem worth $20+

My friend has an screen protector and not only do I think it's a pointless waste of money, it also made the screen look weird and sometimes air bubbles between it and the screen...no thanks! :)

blkcadi

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I do iPhone repair and I have seen so many phone screens scratched, I would never be without one. So don't be a d-bag and take a chance. They are so cheap.

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Definitely is worth it.

The Power Support Anti-Glare has done wonders for me..

Not only has kept my screen flawless but also eliminates finger prints and having to constantly wipe them off..

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Definitely is worth it.

The Power Support Anti-Glare has done wonders for me..

Not only has kept my screen flawless but also eliminates finger prints and having to constantly wipe them off..

This is why I use the Power Support Anti-Glare. It also makes sliding your finger across the screen much easier.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I guess I'm just careful with my phone? It just looks so nice I hate to throw it behind all this stuff to protect it. To me it's like leaving the plastic on your couch after you buy it :)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I've went through several different screen protectors. If I'm going to have one, I want one that doesn't acquire fingerprints. That's my main reason for having one as I never had one on my 1st gen and got not one scratch on my phone. The screen is pretty tough and I am always careful with my phones.

Either way - the 2 that I've found to be the best are the Crystal Shields or the Anti-Glare matte ones the Apple store has.

The crystal shield has the same feel as the actual screen, and the matte one has a little bit more of a smooth feel, hard to explain, but kind of like a frosted look. I liked both a lot.

I've used mirror screen protectors and ones of eBay but they never seem to last long. The corners bubble or they start to peel.

The mirror ones acquire fingerprints just as much as the regular screen does, so to me, there's no point. I liked the matte ones because it NEVER acquired fingerprints. I may pick up one of those to put on the new ones if me and the g/f spring for those when they come out. If not, I'll pick up some more for our current 3Gs.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Yes sir. My invisible shield has save my screen soooo much. Sometimes I forget and put keys or tools in my pocket. My white iPhone looks brand new cuz I have the invisible shield on it

rbdeli

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been without a screen protector for 1 month..

My iPhone does not have a single scratch on it. I keep it in my front pocket with the screen facing me and am careful not to put any keys and hard objects on it. I'll never use a screen protector again. Biggest waste of money and time I've ever experienced are screen protectors.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When I had my first iPhone 4, the FIRST thing I did was get a zagg invisible shield for the front and the back and it worked so well. No bubbles, easy to clean, and didn't take away from the beauty of the phone at all. When i returned my iPhone 4 and peeled off the shield, it looked like I had just gotten it. No dust, scratches or anything. Also, I can't wait to get another iPhone 4. I miss it terribly.