TiPb Birthday Bash: Win a mophie Juice Pack Battery Pack/Case for iPhone 3G!
05-11-2009 12:30 PM
- Courtesy of TiPb's iPhone Store, our first accessory give-away is the mophie Juice Pack 3G! Designed to more than double the time you can Rock, Talk, Surf and Send with your iPhone 3G. The Juice Pack is a rechargeable lithium polymer battery in the form of a non-slip, soft grip case. It extends the time that you can use your iPhone 3G in these ways (additional hours):
- Standby Time Up to 350 hours
- Talk Time Up to 6 hours on 3G | Up to 12 hours on 2G
- Internet Use Up to 6 hours on 3G | Up to 7 hours on Wi-Fi
- Audio Playback Up to 28 hours
- Video Playback Up to 8 hours
What do you have to do to win one? Simple: tell us why you need one. Reply to this post in the tread below and tell us what makes your day so long, so intense, so iPhone-battery draining that you need a mophie Juice Pack 3G to help get you through it? Give us your best iPhone Road Warrior story!
- One entry per person
- Contest ends tomorrow, Friday May 8, and 12pm EDT
- Need a real US shipping address to win (no international shipping, sorry!)05-07-2009 09:58 AM
- This would be an excellent addition to my iphone! Most days I barely make it to noon before plugging in the power cord and thus attaching myself to my desk. I'd imagine one of these bad boys would get me through the whole day and then I would only have to charge at night.05-07-2009 10:15 AM
- I have one already. I just used it in NYC as I drained my battery to 20% by 2pm (from 9am). GPS, iPod, texing, twittering constantly throughout the day really puts a dent in it. I plugged it into the mophie and it fully charged it and kept it charged till about 7pm.
If I won this I would probably sell it and buy the new juice pack air!05-07-2009 10:17 AM
- Mine runs out because I'm constantly surfing the web and have fetch on every 15 minutes for work reasons.
So while driving home I have to charge it or the phone dies and maybe with the pack it'll help out great deal and actually give my battery a longevity since I'll only be charging the actual phone only once!!05-07-2009 10:22 AM
- So my day starts out at 6am. I work for a Law Firm and i am constantly on my iPhone or my MacBook Pro. I am a Paralegal and I do a lot of work and scheduling. When I am not in the office I tend to use logmein ignition to get to have access to my files on my laptop. To make a long story short I get out of work at 7pm every day and around 6pm my battery is usually around 20% Percent so I usually have to charge my dead phone on the car ride home. =[05-07-2009 10:28 AM
- Mine is actually not a want but more of a piece of mind. My wife is pregnant and drives 1.5 hours to work every day most of which is though the backwoods of northern Florida. To boot, the mall she works at seems to drain the battery life rather quickly so her phone is dead at the end of the day. It would be a huge piece of mind that no matter what, she could power her iphone without needing to worry about plugging into a wall or her car. Call me paranoid, but as a first-time-father-to-be, I don't want to worry about her not being able to reach me for any reason.05-07-2009 10:36 AM
- I can't get through the day without it hitting 20%, or even 10% and it's a little frustrating. It's an excelent phone with so much usefulness that I wish it lasted longer. I like using my phone. It's part of me now and I don't want it to die after a couple of hours use.
Last edited by c0mpguru; 05-07-2009 at 10:58 AM.05-07-2009 10:36 AM
- I have a small desk and at work with outlet's to plug in my Iphone and can't charge my phone. Yes I can could charge it by USB but I've told I'm not allowed to do this. Having this mophie Juice Pack Battery Pack would allow me to make through the day instead of a dead Iphone at 2pm.
Ryan05-07-2009 10:38 AM
- I need this desperately! I work at a job that I hate (government worker) so I take a lot of bathroom breaks throughout the day - whether I need to "go" or not. Most of the time, I'll just retreat to my favorite stall and surf the internets, check my mail, chat on yahoo messenger, etc. A typical day consists of between 5-10 of these vital breaks, so, needless to say, my battery is pretty much drained by mid afternoon. The Mophie Juice Pack would be just what I would need to help me get through the day!05-07-2009 10:39 AM
- I need one because I'm heading over to Afghanistan in less than a month and along with a 20hr plane ride, there are not going to be many chances to charge my phone over there, and I would love to be able to be able to keep my sanity over there by at least having some music to listen to. A battery pack would make all the difference.05-07-2009 10:48 AM
- I am simply addicted to the phone. I may charge it 2 - 3 times a day since I use the phone for absolutely everything. And by everything, I mean everything. I recently went to San Diego and normally I bring my laptop to help with gathering information. This trip I used only my iPhone. Directions, food, dinner reservations, concert searching, nightlife and did I mention food? I use my iPhone for everything!05-07-2009 10:51 AM
- Damn, I need one of these! Before I set out for work around 1300hrs I'm using Google Maps to check either traffic conditions or the mass-transit schedule. During my commutes to and from work I'm either listening to podcasts (of course I listen to you Rene) or music, reading an ebook or watching some movie I ripped from my collection. At work my iPhone serves as the most up to date campus directory on my college campus since I'm always being asked for dept. locations and phone numbers. It's also my note taker, lecture recorder and study guide for my EMT recert class for work. So before 3 hours of my work day has gone by I'm already around 50% battery life or less. The Mophie Juice Pack would effectively untether me from the power outlet since I can never get a complete charge at any one time when at work anyway.05-07-2009 10:55 AM
- I have been a lurker for a while and once I saw this, here is my reason:
The reason I need this pack is because I believe my live-in gf, is cheating on me and she is denying it. She drops me off at work in the morning since we carpool before she continues on her longer commute to work. I work late hours and majority of the time, my coworker takes me back home. A few occassions I have noticed that on Tuesday and Wednesday, she has been coming home later than me (past 9:00) yet where she works (bank) closes at 6:00. She says she stays late, but who knows. So recently (this week) I have been putting my iphone 3g with gpstracker on under the seat of the car and tracking her with my coworker's iphone3g. I turn it to silent to not alert her that my phone is in the car. Since she calls me at work, there is no issue with her not having her calls picked up or suspecting anything. When she gets home I merely go to the car and grab my phone and recharge, unfortunately, it has not worked out great since the phone dies on me right when the mid afternoon comes around. I need this to give me more JUICE to find out what the night hours on Tuesday and Wednesday will bring next week. This was my first week and it has not worked well. Please help Tipb!!! I must find out!!!!
PS When I don't have to be a spy I use my iphone as a multi tool: emailing, gaming apps, web surfing, videos, and music player at work and on the commutes to and from work. I work to pay the bills...
Thanks for listening. I hope I get one...
Last edited by reyrey127; 05-07-2009 at 11:02 AM.05-07-2009 10:55 AM
- I will give you a run down of my typical iPhone day. That should convince you I NEED this battery more than anyone else.
I'm a multi-tasking SUPER MOM. I set my alarm on my iPhone to wake me up. Then, it's on to checking in with MYCAST for proper weather attire and a quick scan of the animated radar for possible stormy weather. After all, it is the rainy season here in the South.
I check in with Weight Watchers, to plan my meals and count my breakfast points. ALLRECIPES app helps me plan for my meals that day. FOODLE takes care of my grocery list and helps me in the store to locate items quickly.
Once in the car, FLASH CARDS, helps my 7 year old son, AKA "newby nerd" with his math skills on the way to school. He's won several Math contests from the fun he has working on this app. And, if he scores 100 on this, he gets to play MONSTER TRUCK NITRO on the way home from school.
Of course, since I'm such a cool, iPhone carrying super mom, I have to check in with MYSPACE, FACE BOOK, and TWITTER to see what else is going on with my friends.
Before I go to the store, I'm checking my bank balance with my REGIONS MOBILE BANKING app. Can't get in line and not have those funds!!
See, that's only about half a day's worth of what I do on my iphone. And, by that time, the battery is shot.
I still need to drive the dog crazy with DOG WHISTLE, tag music with SHAZAAM, listen to PANDORA, bid on EBAY, get my celebrity fix with TMZ, check my speed with SPEED TEST, use the SHOTGUN FREE on the stupid drivers who get in my way, and so much more.
I NEED THAT EXTRA BATTERY!!
Oh, and it would help when checking my Pulse on HEART MONITOR to make sure I don't wake up dead after days like this!!
Thanks!!05-07-2009 10:55 AM
- I use my iphone all day every day when I'm in school because I can't afford a small laptop to carry around. I'm an electrical engineer so I use 3d graphing and resistor code programs on a daily basis and I can barely get through 8 hours on campus without a good charge up.05-07-2009 10:56 AM
- Masturbating to pornhub and having the 20% battery warning notice come on is very distracting, then to get back in my rhythm only to have the 10% battery warning show up makes it impossible To be able to rub one out without a full charge. This battery pack would solve my problem.05-07-2009 10:58 AM
- 5:30 AM - Two alarms blaring, including Pink Floyd's "Time" on the iPhone. I'm up!
5:35 AM - Morning "Constitutional." Editing sleep journal in Notes, tracking ease of wake-up, habits of the night before, aiming to train myself for automatic wake-up.
5:50 AM - BBC News Reader in hand, occasionally hitting the AllRecipes Dinner Spinner for breakfast ideas, and--of course--Surfing the safari wave to the island of TiPb, I amble through the apartment in a daze.
6:50 AM - Snap a pic in Camera of the ugly mug for my "How long does it take for Chris to grow a beard?" experiment.
7:00 AM - Hoof it to work, one earbud securely lodged into cranium. Coffee Break Spanish Podcasts are muy bien!
7:30 AM onward - The long hard day at work includes frequent use of Calculator, RDP, and iPod apps. Battery says "ouch!"
1:00 PM - Sweet release! Un mas podcast for lunch!
2:00 pm - Nose back to the grindstone, iPod app pumping away.
And that's just the workday. Add heavy xGPS use for evening bicycle rides, NPR Mobile for our vehicular entertainment, and What's On? as a supplement to our worthless TV guide, and we've got one dead iPhone.
A mophie juice pack and a cold lager would suit us well at the end of such a hard day--I'll provide the lager, of course.
Last edited by croush; 05-07-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Update05-07-2009 10:59 AM
- I definitely need one! I work for a large company and I sell to car dealerships...lately that has obviously been a struggle. With the amount of e-mail and conversations that take place on a regular basis...it would be great to have the juicepack.
My day starts at 3:45AM with a run and the Gym and ends at 11:15 with my wife, 2 year old son and 8 month old puppy.05-07-2009 11:03 AM
- I need this because I work full time and go to school 3/4 time. I use the phone for both purposes. Push email for work and school purposes. My day usually starts at 7am and on school nights ends around 10-11. As all of you know if you get caught out and about w/o a power source you are basically S.O.L. My sob story is on par with everyone elses but I really could use an external power source to unleash the power of 3g! I hate having down time and not being able to play a game or surf the net because I know I need to juice to answer emails or take calls.
Congrats to the iPhone blog for a great year! Keep up the good work.05-07-2009 11:03 AM
- I am writer that practically lives in coffee houses and book stores. My iPhone is my business line. I talk many hours to clients and publishers. My iPhone has stay to stay plugged into a charger or to my laptop the majority of the time. It would be great to no longer to be tied to a charger cord.05-07-2009 11:06 AM
- I am a firefighter in Clarence, NY. I am constantly using my Maps to find locations of houses and streets in our district. Time is critical when you are dealing with peoples lives. PLEASE help me out, and if not me, please help those people in need by giving me a Juice Pack. Thank you very much.05-07-2009 11:08 AM
- Wow could I use this! I'm recently (thanks to the economy) a self employed architect and the iPhone has become essential to keeping my business running and my family housed and fed! Little did I know when I waited in line to get the phone back in July how much I would end up using it! At least once a week, I'm out of the office and in NYC at a weekly job meeting and (hopefully) meeting with new clients. No matter how I try and conserve power, the constant email checking, web surfing for product information, showing my portfolio to clients, accessing detail drawings on my iDisk to show contractors, has me in desperate need for power by noon and searching for a power outlet. Not to mention the constant phone use as this is now my business number.
I use the iGo charger in our car for both the iPhone, the wife's cell, and the kid's DS's, and so I purchased iGo's "powerXtender battery operated charger" which uses 2 AA batteries to give some juice to the phone, but it only get's it about 60% charged, and that charge runs down fast. The 10 pack of batteries in my shoulderbag, banging around next to the regular charge is a drag, and adds extra bulk that I'd love to shed. Even at the home office, I find myself charging the phone sometime between 2:00 and 3:00 in the afternoon.
The Juice Pack would be a godsend!05-07-2009 11:23 AM
- Apple Hardware
TiPb Birthday Bash: Win a mophie Juice Pack Battery Pack/Case for iPhone 3G!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD