TiPb Birthday Bash: Win a mophie Juice Pack Battery Pack/Case for iPhone 3G!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King310

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
oh man, i reeeeally need this, i work for an armored truck company and Im always on the road all the time bcuz of work. my work truck doesnt have a plug for the car charger. Im always talkin to coworkers or the bosses even to customers. So this would be real helpful. Im usually down to 20% battery life by noon and i start at 7am

jiphone

May 7, 2009
Visit site
This will come in real handy for my commute into NYC everyday on the train. It will go well with my new iphone I'm going to win from TiPb.

Stephman

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
This would be good for me when I'm out hiking or camping and want to use GPSKit to track my trek through the woods and still have juice left over to listen to my tunes.

Come on Mophie Juice Pack contest...don't fail me now!

charris

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Schoool

I need it because in my classroom where I am always bored, I have a dying need to check TiPb every 5 minutes! Sucks out battery life more than school sucks away my energy. Plus the occasional game of pocket god behind the binder really helps pass the endless hours that is school. Hope you pick me so I can not graduate! ;) ;)

seasonedtech

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Why? With a daily 121 mile R/T commute, replying to 'push' emails, reading dozens of SMS's from twitter feeds, freelancing as a consumer-product tech: mainly providing PC support via LogMeIn Ignition App, and on some days coaching my son's teeball team - my iPhone 3G (and the user > me!) would very much appreciate an external battery! Thanks!!!

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I am on the road or out of the office 12+ hours everyday. There are a lot of times when in meetings after a long driver that I am SOL with the poor battery life of the iPhone. This would be a good fix!!

jotsbox

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Lame Excuse

My wife always has to have the same new gadget I get. I get an iPhone, she gets one. I get such-and such app, she gets it. I get more Juice, she -er- cannot! Ha Ha. This will solve that problem - and subsequently make a new one :D

Hellpop

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I work in documentary film production and would love the juice pack for shoots that take me far away from any outlet or car charger. Recently, my iphone died on a long shoot day in Mexico. Without phone, email or even Scrabble, I was lost. A producer without a phone is much like a cinematographer without a camera. A sorry thing indeed...

Ripjames

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'll need it because I'll start using my Motorola S9's at work this summer after the update is released giving my iPhone A2DP support and I imagine the extra battery llife will be handy. I used to have an iPhone Touch before i got my iPhone and I used the bluetooth adapter, I would be lucky to get through a nite of work without charging my iPhone. If I could make it so that I don't have to charge it at work at least (I can charge it on my drive home) I can pull out my A2dP headset that I don't like that much for the last couple hours of work. I need my music at work so that I dont' start fantasizing about running down people with my forklift. Also not supposed to to actually wear my headphones while on my forklift but the supervisors look the other way so long as we're discreet, therefore I try to hide the wires, which is much easier when there are no wires

Last edited:

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Well as everyone knows summer is coming up. I work as a lifeguard at a secluded pool. Most days no one shows up, so I pull out my phone and browse the internet, play games, text, etc. Well, we have no electrical outlet at the pool. I usually work 10-4, sometimes closing shift which is 4-9. My phone will usually only last about 3 hours into the shift.

The reason I need it the most? Well last week my boss tried to call me. Unfortunately my phone was already dead. So I did not get the call. My boss wanted to tell me I was being promoted to head guard at my pool. Well, he tried calling multiple time, no answer from me. He thought I ditched work. So I wasnt promoted. Now im stuck as a regular lifeguard all summer, and I NEED this so I dont miss another call from my boss and lose my job. If I do lose my job iI will no longer be able to afford my cell phone bill and will have to sell my iPhone.

escapethematrix

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I do geocaching and when i'm in the middle of nowhere alone in the woods i'm always afraid my battery is going to go dead. This could be a lifesaver!

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
What makes my day miserable...

The worst thing about my day is my iPhone dying before 1 o'clock pm, because i have to get up at 4am and be on the road by 4:45 am. I am a business man just out of college and got hired. I am constantly on the phone talking to co-workers and my boss, checking stocks, e-mails, schedules, and other work related things, 3g which i have to have on drains my battery lightning fast. It's so hard for me to keep my iPhone charged let alone not missing a call, or picking up higher "ranked" workers from airports. Also using gps for directions to get from one place to another drains my battery quick, since im not familiar with the city. If i miss one thing it could be the end of my job.

It's so hard for me to keep up with my payments every month like my car payment, Iphone bill, rent, and my tens of thousands of dollars in loans needed for college. I can't afford to buy a battery pack or other things I'd love to have.

This mophie juice pack would be a savior to me, it wont let me miss a single call, e-mail, or schedule change. (or it would cost me my job!)

Bosssanz

May 6, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone is my life

I use my iPhone to communicate with the world. I don't have a laptoop or computer to myself so my iPhone is my one stop for email, the Internet, directions, etc. Also, since I don't have unlimited texting, I have my emails on push and I use social networking sites like Twitter, facebook, and myspace to keep in touch with my friends and family. Plus, I'm on the road for hours everyday and I don't have a car charger. It also doesn't help that I pass time by playing apps or watching YouTube. =)

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I would LOVE to have one of these. I have a healthy commute which does not involve the ability to plug my phone in while en route. Once at work, I use the phone quite a bit to contact people for various work-related items, as well as a lot of e-mailing while on the go. If I stick to ONLY phone and e-mail, I can just barely make it to the end of the work day before being completely drained. However, this takes away from my ability to use the Internet, which, as well all know, can often come in handy during the day. If I had the Juice Pack, I would be able to utilize ALL of the phone's functions throughout the day, including Safari, as well as the iPod during the lengthy commute. Thanks TiPB. Keep up the great work!

matthiggins

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Between using apps like Beejive IM, TwitterFon, Phone, SMS, and Mail for communication constantly throughout the day, I use my iPhone to play music on iPod and Pandora, download new music/podcasts/apps from mobile iTunes and the App Store, and check the news on RSS app Byline and nytimes.com through Safari. If I have time I'll catch an episode of Scrubs in the iPod app before heading to TV.com to watch a few clips. I also scatter games throughout the day and needless to say my battery is below 20% by 3 PM. Also, I'm visiting up North soon on a 2 hour flight and could really use the extra power in-flight.

idontlikeonions

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
I definitely need this battery! I work for a growing restaurant chain and am constantly traveling to the new locations to help set up/train the new staff. I get to work around 7:30 and often don't leave until after 6. During a regular day I take photos of various parts of the restaurant to email to superiors. I check/send email updates on our progress, obviously use my iphone as a phone, sometimes I use the handy level app to make sure things are installed/hung properly, calculator, google etc. The list can go on and on, my iphone has definitely made my life easier, but it is almost always completely drained after work. I have a car charger and a spare wall charger with me at all times. I can't live without it!

BerkeyC

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Made the switch from the Storm a couple weeks ago, and safe to say I will never look back. Couldn't be happier with my iPhone - it's become my own personal communications hub, accompanies me everywhere and keeps me far more productive than I could have imagined.

Increasingly, keeping the juice flowing is critical to my ADLs (activities of daily living, lol), but in addition to the regular bevy of calls, texts, emails and music that take me through my day, my iPhone serves... a higher calling. I'm very active in my religion and was recently offered a volunteer service position that takes me all over the State of Washington. On my very first day of service with the iPhone, I Google Mapped my way to a meeting 30 miles away. At the meeting was a gentleman who primarily spoke Bengali. Imagine his surprise when I quickly found some Bengali prayers on the internet, which he read to us from the iPhone. On my way home I decided to stop off at another meeting. This one featured some very creative artistic displays I wanted to remember, so I took a snapshot of them with my mobile Evernote app and tagged them for review later.

Within a week, I created a complete system for scheduling, contacting, organizing, remembering, and directing my many activities, all of which requires pretty constant use of my iPhone. And all in addition to planning my wedding. I'm keeping track of contacts, schedules, invitations, and even up-to-date costs with this thing. There simply isn't any other tool that allows me such seamless ease of use and productivity for my work, spiritual life and upcoming marriage. The mophie looks like the perfect addition to keep me going all day long, and confident I'll stay connected to all the very important information I access with my iPhone. Otherwise I might just miss my own wedding! :p

andrew17#IM

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
my very busy day!

well, ill give u just a list of the things that explain why i need an extra battery for my iphone 3g!

1.first of all, im 20 yrs old, and im a student, i wake up with the iphone alarm, i go swimming every morning, on an average day i take like 30-40 minutes to arrive to the sport center (traffic's hell, and i use the public transportation), the only thing i do when im in the bus is listen to music while reading the newspaper. when i finish swimming, i take another 30-40 minutes to get back home, and again music and my iphone are my only company.
2.everyday i have to check the currency converter in my iphone, as my parents work abroad it is my duty to know if it's a good deal to withdrawal in that day or not, (sometimes i check it 3 or 4 times a day!).
3.going to university is a 1 hour trip, by bus and subway, once again the only thing i do is listen to music while playing my favorite games! and so, the thing repeats when i finish lessons.
4.my girlfriend, the person i have to call and receive calls from at least 20 times a day!!, some calls last more than 1 hour! thats what i call love!
5.my parents force me to call them every 2 days, now that skype is available for iphone, i think i have to make use of it! dont u think?? :p

these are the things i consider as basic on my normal day (i didnt include making and receiving calls, sms or emails from friends, checking my bank account, calling the mobile company to control my credit left, facebook, camera, app store, maps, youtube, etc, because it is obvious!)

consider that i charge the battery sometimes twice a day, and before going to bed, sometimes i have to run because i get late for school and my battery is at 10%!! i know i cannot compare the way i use my iphone with workers, professionals or other people, but it is true that this piece of technology has really changed our lives, imagine a day without your iphones! and imagine having an extra battery! wouldnt it be nice?!

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
my schedule

Daily Schedule

9am wake up
9:10 check Tipb.com
9:25 check email
9:30 respond to emails in bed
9:40 check for text messages
9:50 start making phone calls to get my day going
10:00am view self help websites on how I should not be mad that a FREAKING 13 year old won Apples contest. (no I will not let this go Rene)
10:30 after realizing a half an hour long web session didnt help, start ranting and raving via posts across the internet for a few hours.
12:00 get out of bed
12:30 now get out of bed after I procrastinated and played Pocket God (yes the game) for 1/2 an hour.
1pm spend about 1/2 hour placing orders via phone
1:30 goto lunch (no phone juice needed)
3 drinks and a hour later
2:30 catch up on facebook app
3:00 continue ranting and raving via posts across the internet for another hour about how a FREAKING 13 year old won Apples App Contest.
4:30 send out texts to see whos going out after work.
5:00 meet up with some friends and drain my not so good looking battery using Loopt
5:15 show some hot chick my iphone
5:23 she pays with it till now and says you phone says 20% battery left, I say don't worry about it
5:43 phone now says 10% battery life left, beads of sweat form but I hide it
5:56 my iPhone battery is dead RIP
5:57 Hot chick tries to give me her number but I can't store it in my phone since the battery is dead... Thanks mophie for not merging with Apple
5:58 Random Hot chick writes her number down on cocktail napkin, all is good
6:27 Earless Puppy loses cocktail napkin and corresponding number

This is my story and Im sticking to it, send me a Mophie so this does not happen again or another hot random chick that would most likely put out...

E.P.

aznmusicboi

May 8, 2009
Visit site
As a college student, I am ALWAYS on the run. As a music major I am NEVER in my room. You can see where this is going. My day starts at 6 when I go to practice, and this is when my phone leaves it's charging dock. Usually, between my 21 hours worth of classes, rehearsals, ensembles, chamber groups and lesson, I don't get back to my room till about 10 PM. THEN I have to immediately leave to go practice! There are no outlets in the practice rooms!! What makes things worse is that I spend the majority of my day in the music building where reception is HORRID. Meaning, my phone is constantly trying to find signal, draining the battery life extremely fast. I would love to receive one of these packs, it would make my day so much more bearable. And, it would curb my constant facebook addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox