TiPb Birthday Bash: Win a mophie Juice Pack Battery Pack/Case for iPhone 3G!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijerk

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
I regularly run my battery down below the 10% warning, at least 10 times a week. At that time I need to stop what I'm doing and make it to the car charger. Lots of fun for my dogs while I'm at the bark park. Sitting in the car with 3 dogs for 30 minutes. The Juice Pack would be much cheaper than a secretary to take my calls while my phone is dead.

irfanatsalaam

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I travel a lot between Toronto and Montr?al and most of the times I am the back seat driver. The car only has one jack to charge which my iPhone-freak-twittering-brother absolutely needs all the time Argh! So when I am trying to find us a nice restaurant to eat at or chatting with my long distance partner or texting my friends I end up with almost nothing and begging my brother for some juice! I might as well beg you guys for some mofo juice! Afterall, you guys are not my mofo little brother! Did I spell the name of the product right? head:scroll up and check kneejerk: Post Quick Reply

Roundel

May 7, 2009
Visit site
How do I need the Mophie? Let me count the ways...

Well, my day usually starts out at 5am and I'm on my iPhone (Exchange email) and I average 200 inbound/outbound emails daily for my job, so that does a lot to kill my battery.

Between 7AM and 5:30PM I'm scheduling, surfing, texting, using twitter, facebook and a variety of apps and I'm usually at at the red reserve by 3PM, so it's time for a partial recharge in the late PM, usually on my laptop or where I can plug in. Then I go home and my family gets ahold of the iPhone!

My wife wants to text, surf, tweet, etc... too. She has a crappy blackberry (sorry Crackberry Kevin) and she wants a more full-featured media device. Some days she walks straight past me without a hello/kiss/hug and picks up my phone to begin her 'play'. Pretty demoralizing some days!

My seven year-old loves the games. Assuming he does his homework first, he's on the phone every night. Galaga and FlightControl are hs current favorites.

My four year-old loves the iPhone too. Can anyone comprehend how many videos a four year-old can find using YouTube? She's unbelieveable!

Around 11PM each night my phone, it's battery exhausted and now throughly smudged with multiple fingerprints, finally gets a rest and a long nap before we repeat the viscious cycle the next morning.

I track my data plan usage online (now this week courtesy the new AT&T app that I found by reading your site) and I average 1.5 - 1.8 GB data usage each month and the only real download / streaming that goes on are Charlie & Lola / Dora / Handy Manny videos that my four year-old watches!

BTW, I had an early Kensington lithium polymer pack, but that died after about 8 months...Over used and it can't hold a charge more than two hours.

TiPB, help my poor iPhone keep up with me/my family by sending me some of that Mophie juice pack love!

Sincerely,
Drained in Daytona
(actually, I live in Indy, but nothing rhymes with Indianapolis)

jdarealistone

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I would need the juicepack because I use my phone's ipod traveling to and from my long commute to work, which drains the battery. I also surf the web, play games, talk to clients at work, and do other battery draining tasks (G-map, youtube, ect) throughout the day. The juice pack would be great to have just so that I can have enough battery to make personal calls on my way home so I can stay connected!

karlerikson

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm up pretty early most days, and my iPhone is needing a recharge by noon. And when I'm traveling, forget it. Between checking and sending emails, Twittering, phone calls, checking flight statuses with apps like Tripit, my phone is seriously in need of battery by the time my first layover is finished.

Been wanting a Mophie Juice Pack for a while now, would really save my day.

Jeukebox

May 7, 2009
Visit site
mophie pack

I play with my iphone every chance I get, on the web, games, mail, pictures, radio, books you name it. I usually run the battery half way down before noon (when we are not busy). It's the best adult/kid toy I have ever had. I could write all day just about it, I don't need a mophie I just want one because I Love my phone. I love accessories, I want it to be the best dressed phone out there!!! :D

Last edited:

ehphone

May 7, 2009
Visit site
***i Need The Mophie Stat ***

Where to start. My iphone battery has never lasted very long. A dead battery in the most inconvenient of times is the norm. I have tried everything to extend battery life: turning off 3G, lowering backlight, turnign off push, etc.

I rely on my iphone, not just as a phone but as a central information hub. I receive my work email, internet, text messages, weather, stock quotes, games, music, video, etc. It also allows me to do work away from my desk and keep the machine going. I have tried all the backup battery packs, chargers, cables, cords and none are handy or there when I need them. This looks like the solution! But I cannot bring myself to purchase yet another accessory so am hoping to win it!

It is not just one day or one road warrior story that reflects my need for this pack. It is everyday. My usage and reliance on the iphone as an all around communication tool is the reason that I need the Mophie to keep the machine running. Please help!

SnakeHead

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
Because I'm a gamer!

I spend so much time playing Flying Aces on my iPhone while rocking out to background music that I'm always having to go plug in somewhere. This would really save me from having to do that! :D

Kyle_d_randall

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Working for a film depot in golden valley, mn, I'm on the move a lot dropping off prints for theaters around the area. I burn through my battery every day by 2 pm. I would enjoy this because it would boost my call time a lot which is the main reason my battery died so fast.

stevenkao

May 7, 2009
Visit site
iphone mophie juice pack

These days with all the bad economic news coming out, Ive started to work 3 jobs. Im usually so busy that I can't charge my phone.

ericadams01

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
when i'm bored at work i play a lot of games and since I work 12 shifts it don't take long for the battery to died. I could really use this thing.

DadTo4XYs

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
When you have long drives and only one port in your car to use, this would be a great way to not have to fight over the one port. Plus with our upcomming trip to Disneyland this would be a great way to not have to worry about my battery dying on me while I wait in those long lines and then our trip to the Carribean, thats a long flight I can watch 2 movies instead of one.

seaborn

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok so. Here it is.
Everyday to work I car pool with 3 overweight (not the best smelling) men. I myself smell rather fresh having showered 10 minutes prior to pick up.

The long long drive in this small VW Beetle that lasts over 2 Hours from Kitchener to Toronto Ontario. Many times bumper to bumper traffic. The ONLY way I can find my safe Haven is to play on my iPhone. Make that drive go by as fast as it can. Whether it be GeoDefense or Wolfenstein 3D. Or just surfing the web. My battery dies rather quickly.

Sure I would plug in a car adapter... BUT the driver REFUSES to because he says "it could start a fire". yes, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard...

Finally when I get to work I would love to plug in my iPhone to a computer or a wall outlet. BUT here is the catch. I work construction.... Playing music all day tends to wear the battery down.. I regret to say my battery won't last through that long drive back home...

PLEASE!! I NEED THIS!!!!

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Mophie

I need one because I am a middle school teacher, and our school blocks every site. I spend the majority of my battery reading and updating twitter, checking facebook, and sending texts. By the time the day is over, my battery is shot! :eek:

lmschless

May 7, 2009
Visit site
This would be great for me, I have to charge my phone twice a day. With all the checking of email I do, twitter, instant messaging, music in the car, texting, surfing safari, and playing games like the new Myst game I could definitely use this!

RyanH

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I need MORE POWER!!!

I am a construction manager for a national company. As a result, I spend half my life traveling across the country visiting job-sites that are coast-to-coast. My travel days start with a 3:30am wake up call to head to the airport, then a usual 4-hour flight to an opposite coast, spend all day on the site and finally getting back to the hotel late, LATE, that night.

There is not usually accessible power on a construction site, so my options are plugging into a gas generator & leaving my precious iPhone laying there during a concrete pour (for example) with all kinds of unsavory character's running around (NOT a good idea) or trying to find a restaurant for lunch (AND sometimes dinner) that will allow me to plug into one of their outlets while eating (if I haven't run out of juice already).

I've been a Blackberry guy for years & years and just made the switch over to the iPhone in February - and I LOVE this thing, way more than anybody should love something that isn't human! I bought my wife one of the 1st-gen iPhones right after they came out, and have been drooling over it ever since and I FINALLY got my own. But the battery life is awful!!! I could go all day and possibly two on the Blackberry (I wasn't prepared for THAT part of the bargain) I have looked at the Mophie for weeks now, but with this economy and being in construction (one of the hardest hit industries in this current disaster we call an economy), I can't justify spending another $100 on my phone - not when I don't know day-to-day if I will still be employed tomorrow (yea, it's that bad)...

I use my iPhone CONSTANTLY every single day: taking photo's of problems and sending them to the design team, 150+ emails every day, 50+ phone calls every day, searching the internet for materials and specifications, logging into our online PM system to download plans and details, using the GPS functionality for everything from finding the actual job-site to finding a hotel, to finding a decent restaurant to even locating the nearest Home Depot, I use the scheduler all day every day, I manage my travel info/flights/hotels, I track timesheets, and if I'm lucky I will relax with a movie on the 4-hour flight to my next stop or listen to some tunes.

My work and home life is completely run through my iPhone, and I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to find a way to charge the battery back up on it - I sometimes have to charge it two or three times in a SINGLE DAY! I use it that much. Please, PLEASE, pick me to win the Mophie battery pack, I simply NEED MORE POWER!!!

(PS - I love your site, it's been my home page since I discovered it. Keep up the great work, even if you don't pick me to win....)

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I am always traveling and would really like the extra battery power so i can be confident and use everything on my iphone instead of trying to conserve the battery and barely use it.

The Reptile

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
Why do I need the batter pack? Let's face it Apple made a compelling product that I use for every aspect of my life. I bought it as a converged device so I didn't have to carry around an iPod and my Palm phone with me. Truth be told I use it for more than each of those predecessor devices combined. I do my banking with BofA on it. I listen to music. I surf the web. I have my integrated work-google/personal calendar on it. I use it for email. I follow news sites via Twitter. I watch YouTube and sideloaded videos. I organize myself using Things. I've been known to play some games whether it be Sodoku, Super Monkey Ball, Sim City, Enigmo, Flick Fishing, X-Plane or Tetris. I send text messages to friends and family. I read USA Today and the Wall Street Journal on it. I check the weather and stocks. I make blog entries on it. I manage my LinkedIn account with it. I get answers to idiotic questions I have using Wikiamo. I select shows to record on my DVR using DirecTv's app. And at night, if I have any power left I look up a drink in Cocktails and mix myself a night cap. Now, if I want to get to the night cap I'm going to need some juice of the electric variety. The only way I can get to that point without plugging in constantly is to get my very own battery pack.

MPKU

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
I need this for my wife who can never seem to remember to charge her phone over night. I could just put this in her purse in case she runs out of battery life.

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I am a general contractor and my iPhone has surpassed my trusty hammer as my most used tool. It all starts with my 45 min drive to work where I am constantly making phone calls to get the jobs started and listening to my iPod with my iTrip. Then I'm on the jobsite, using the calculator, convertbot, and iLevel (to name a few) to help me build whatever I might be building at the time (today it happens to be a large custom chicken coop.) Then lunch time rolls around and I'm shooting emails to clients, playing Rasta Monkey, and surfing the web to read the LOST recaps and of course TiPb. And then lunch ends with a call to my wife just to say hello. Hmm, battery is down to 20%. Already. It's all good if I remember to plug it in to my Ridgid jobsite radio, but if not then before long all my incoming calls will be going straight to voicemail because my iPhone is dead. At least with my iTrip I can listen to the audio of the movie "Serenity" on my drive home in between making more calls to get work lined up for the next day. So basically when Apple approves iHammer, iJigsaw, and iOrbital Sander for the app store I won't need to bring any other tools to work besides my faithful iPhone (that is of course if I win this mophie Juice Pack!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal