TiPb Birthday Bash: Win a mophie Juice Pack Battery Pack/Case for iPhone 3G!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Mophie Juice Pack

I need this because I work full time and go to school 3/4 time. I use the phone for both purposes. Push email for work and school purposes. My day usually starts at 7am and on school nights ends around 10-11. As all of you know if you get caught out and about w/o a power source you are basically S.O.L. My sob story is on par with everyone elses but I really could use an external power source to unleash the power of 3g! I hate having down time and not being able to play a game or surf the net because I know I need to juice to answer emails or take calls.

Congrats to the iPhone blog for a great year! Keep up the good work.

runithome

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I am writer that practically lives in coffee houses and book stores. My iPhone is my business line. I talk many hours to clients and publishers. My iPhone has stay to stay plugged into a charger or to my laptop the majority of the time. It would be great to no longer to be tied to a charger cord.

Nick315

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I Want A Juice Pack

I am a firefighter in Clarence, NY. I am constantly using my Maps to find locations of houses and streets in our district. Time is critical when you are dealing with peoples lives. PLEASE help me out, and if not me, please help those people in need by giving me a Juice Pack. Thank you very much.

stokpot

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Work uses very slow internet connection so I am using the iPhone to get most of my work done. Constantly charging the thing.

DomArch

May 7, 2009
Visit site
AA batteries not cutting it...

Wow could I use this! I'm recently (thanks to the economy) a self employed architect and the iPhone has become essential to keeping my business running and my family housed and fed! Little did I know when I waited in line to get the phone back in July how much I would end up using it! At least once a week, I'm out of the office and in NYC at a weekly job meeting and (hopefully) meeting with new clients. No matter how I try and conserve power, the constant email checking, web surfing for product information, showing my portfolio to clients, accessing detail drawings on my iDisk to show contractors, has me in desperate need for power by noon and searching for a power outlet. Not to mention the constant phone use as this is now my business number.

I use the iGo charger in our car for both the iPhone, the wife's cell, and the kid's DS's, and so I purchased iGo's "powerXtender battery operated charger" which uses 2 AA batteries to give some juice to the phone, but it only get's it about 60% charged, and that charge runs down fast. The 10 pack of batteries in my shoulderbag, banging around next to the regular charge is a drag, and adds extra bulk that I'd love to shed. Even at the home office, I find myself charging the phone sometime between 2:00 and 3:00 in the afternoon.

The Juice Pack would be a godsend!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Dang...no matter how much I feel I need one, I'm willing to concede to Evil Sperm in post #11.

I only need more juice because I use my iPhone all day long in school to do things like play authentic music and show youtube videos (which are blocked by the system), and that can really drain the battery when there are no plugs near my ELMO projector.

Wolfmore

May 2, 2009
www.backtype.com
I love podcasts

I am a person that likes to be very connected. I get up the morning and my phone is fully charged. I will immediately turn on my RSS Reader and listen the WallStreet Journal podcast. Then I check the web for personal stuff. I check "ebay saved searches" and make sure there isn't something it has found that I want and need to buy immediately on my iPhone. Then I will check the news on Mobile News and then check my RSS feeds on Google Reader for technology news including the iPhone Blog of course. Then there are a few emails and text messages and the occasional Online Banking. I only pay my bill on the iPhone now as I feel safer then using my Windows Home PC. I get all kinds of notifications on my phone like banking and other alerts. By this time my battery is getting low and It's lunch time so I can go the break room and find place to plug my phone in for an hour and wait...and I still haven't stopped to watch some videos on YouTube or something....or one of my Movies that I have saved. I usually opt to listen to other miscellaneous Podcast like Cnet's The 404 and Buzz OUT Loud and carefully monitor my battery. I work at an office on a computer crunching numbers and formulas on Excel and we are not allowed to plug devices into the wall outlets at our desk 

vpcornejo

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Because I work at an Advertising agency and am constantly on sets where getting juice is a challenge. Most of us in the advert world are also Iphone/Apple junkies and an accesory this cool will make me cooler than everyone else and I'm sure you can empathize! ;-)

But more importantly, I am the father of a four and two year old. When dad needs a little break, or to make the morning commute a little more bearable, dad hands over the Iphone to the kids to play their favorite games. Of course by the time i have to pick them up from daycare, battery is dead and insanity ensues. So really, I need this to help save my sanity.

fixxer

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I recently discovered Geocaching and been using the application for the iPhone. The thing is, it drains the battery so bad that I have to interrupt my geocaching sessions because of it. This case/battery pack would be soooo handy!!!

Thanks!

cheebhawk

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I Really Need This!

I'm a first year law student and depend HEAVILY on my iphone:

This is my typical day:

Wake up at 6AM and before I leave the house by 7AM, I use the phone to check the weather, read the news (AP NEWS; Sportstap) , and check any emails I may have gotten from fellow students & faculty, etc.

When I get to school, I walk about 6 blocks in the morning (I'm cheap & not willing to pay $350 to park in the school lot) so I am blasting music to make the walk more enjoyable. When I get to school by 8AM, I start using ER Ultimate for ambient noise in the law library to help me read & prepare for class, while minimizing the chatter & noise inside the library. So ER Ultimate is playing from 8-10AM. By this time at least 10-25% of battery is gone.

I also update or enter new tasks & notes for myself in Todo & Notebook, just so I can stay on top of everything and make sure nothing gets lost in the shuffle. As I get ready to move to class I also like to check ABA journal, to see what is going on in the law world...

I log onto the school's wifi to talk to my mom via SKYPE, who is in Korea just to say hello & chat, before walking into class.

Then during lunch I like to listen to music, go on FML, Twitter, Beejive and catch up w/ friends, etc.

By the time 3pm rolls around, my battery is pretty much at 50% or lower, (also the law building is made of old school stones, so reception isnt that great, which also adds to the drain....)

By the time I get home (usually between 5-7pm, depending on how much I slave in the library) battery is pretty much nonexistent on days I use the phone intensly, and have to charge it, which is annoying since I either use the USB or the plug but cant walk around the house w/ the phone...

So having the juice pack would really make my life hassle free, since I wouldnt have to constantly check my battery level & plan ahead. It would allow me to concentrate on school, instead of worrying about battery & not being able to use my phone as much as a I want.

I also dont like to carry my USB cord, since I had to get 2 of them replaced (my bookbag apparently likes to chew cords up, since I started law school this year, replaced 2 iphone USB cords and 1 macbook charger, because the cords frayed in the shuffle)

Basically I depend on it as a window to teh world, & I would really be stoked if you guys PICKED ME!!!

Last edited:

singhberry

May 7, 2009
Visit site
i am a exchange admin who needs to support ppl using blkberry. Need my Iphone to support my corporate blkberry users... need more power... need this...

troystaylor

May 4, 2009
Visit site
I work Helpdesk for a 100+ person office and am constantly away from my desk doing tickets with only my iPhone to check email and keep up with tickets. Most days I have to recharge at least twice.

kraftjop

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Not always wireless

The iPhone is labeled as a wireless device. Therein lies the problem, it is not always a wireless device - because it is always plugged in to an outlet. Help me, help my iPhone.

ben9

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
i need one of these cause i'm planning a week long back-packing trip with my brothers, and we'll be without power all week! this puppy would be so sweet for this trip!

thanks

docbrian

May 7, 2009
Visit site
night call equals dead battery

I am a physician and often while on call, I will sleep on a couch in the living room to prevent waking up my wife with multiple phone calls. I bring my iPhone with me but there isn't a convenient plug to keep it charging next to me. This often leads to a dead battery if I don't get to charge it at my desk the next morning. A Mophie Juice Pack that I could keep charged in an inconspicuous place in our living room would allow me to keep using the iPhone when I'm on call, while keeping it fully charged for the next day at work.

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
Well like everyone else here I use my iPhone a lot. In fact I find that I have to curb the use of many features in order to get me through the day. I would love to be able to play a couple of games of tiger woods or flight control without constantly worrying if there is enough juice left for a phone call. However, the worst part is when I'm listening to the tiPB podcast and my battery is nearly dead. The mophie juice pack would let me listen and play a game with no concern about battery life issues.

pnut78

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
the iPhone is the all in one multimedia tool for my family. A typical day: iPhone wakes me up, I check AccuWeather App, check my Google Reader in iPhone as I am making the bottle for my kid, making coffee, etc.. especially since the kid takes over the only TV in the morning and the computer is on the otherside of the house. Then when I take the kid to school, as we are onthe highway, he uses the iPhone for all the kid apps I loaded. ABC Match, ABC Animals, Bee Book, etc. I get to work and I have to conserve my iPhone usage since we cannot have iTunes loaded at work and I don't have an extra outlet power source to bring to work. I check any sites that are blocked (non-pron) on my iPhone, and during my bathroom breaks I use it to pass the time. Then the ride home after I get the kid at daycare, he uses it again. By the time I get home, I have about 25% battery and heavens forbid if I can't go straight home!!! I get on edge because i don't want to overuse and drain all the battery from the phone in case there is an actual emergency!!! Plus, my wife uses it to check her email for work when we are en route to whatever location since she works with kids trying to get them into college.

Well, in a nutshell, I NEEED this and can definitely use this!

Axdrake

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm a Civil Engineer who is always traveling for work. I've been to 6 different countries in the last 5 months for work. The work ranges with going into 3 world countries to help out with some volunteer building work, to on-site geotechnical soil testing. This would be great for all the traveling that I do. I could really use this.

mm007

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Why a Juice Pack would help me

For starters, I'm in the Army. My day starts about 0430 and inevitabely someone is calling me by 0500 to tell me why they can't come to physical training. Then afterword, its not unusual to get a few calls about who has some appointment and can't get to work on time at 0800. Then my bosses call me to ask why things are messed up that I dont know anything about. Plus I have a tendency to take out some of my daily aggression on various 1st person shooters. I get off between 4 and 5, and usually Im Facebooking or playing some game while the wife watches her reality t.v. shows that I cant stand just so I can spend some time with her. 12 hour work days make for a sad iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73