Accessory to use iPhone as iPod in car?

Apr 20, 2009
twitter.com
Possibly a stupid question: Is there an accessory that allows you to use your iPod feature on your iPhone through your car stereo? I know the iPod has one, but I don't know what the quality is either. It probably wouldn't be worth it if the only accessories available don't deliver good sound quality, have that slight buzzing in the background or bleed through from near by radio stations, etc.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks!

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I use an AUX cable that plugs directly from my headphone jack to the front of my cars head unit. Probably the most low tech way of doing it, but it works well for me, and it costs all of about $3.

Just watched that review that lgreenberg posted, and that looks very nice as well. If I had the cash I would probably invest in one of those in the near future.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
That is nice! My Truck actually has an auxiliary port made for an mp3 player to plug into, buy for some reason it does not like the iPod.:confused: I think it has to do with the whole DRM thing. (It works in my wife's car though)

Anyway I actually considering dropping my Sirius subscription because of Pandora and iHeart Radio. For music They are almost as good as Sirius. I would only be missing the news type of Radio.:(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR