What is up with IPhone Screen protection?

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I am soon buying the Iphone, but am curiuos why I don't see much in the way of screen protection for the new G? Has the screen improved so much that it doesn't need protection? Are the mirror screens that I saw a year ago no longer necessary? I see a ton of cases, but almost no screen protection and wanted to find out why.
I wanted to also ask specifically about the case to buy. I have read about the best/most popular 5 cases, maybe I can give some thoughts on exactly what I want and get better advice.
I am looking for the nice spongey type cover that also can be clipped (either on belt or shorts if working out).
Thanks in advance....

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone has a great screen to begin with.. very hard to scratch.

But you can't go wrong with the Anti-Glare Screen Protector by Power Support. Solid product.

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I hate screen protector. You get bubbles no matter what. Try buying a case with a built-in screen guard.

No bubbles here whatsoever. PS anti-glare been on my 3GS since July and it's flawless. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants a fingerprint-free iPhone (and doesn't mind sacrificing a little clarity).
Just be SUPER clean at install and make sure it's straight!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I hate screen protector. You get bubbles no matter what. Try buying a case with a built-in screen guard.

I have no bubbles on my screen. The trick is to use a clean area and take your time. I also used the scotch tape trick to remove any dirt that left a bubble on the screen.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
IMO the iPhone has never needed screen protection. The glass is very resistant to scratches. If you impact it hard enough to crack no plastic shield is going to stop it from cracking.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site

no youre wrong! U get bubbles using the cheap plastic screen protectors vendors sell at the mall or the ones u buy on ebaY,...i have the mirror screen protector and love it!!! No bubbles whatsoever!:)

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Meh, I use one. My phone sits in my pocket with my lighter, keys and change all the time. Jesus phone might be badass, but it's expensive enough that I'm not taking any chances. And if you do it right you won't have bubbles.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
soon as you run a key across your screen by accident, u will wish u had a screen protector...mines saved my iPhone quite a few times, not to mention, a nice case is a great addition to go along with it

Rockybulldog

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Adding a quality screen protector is not a problem at all.. I use the power support anti glare screen protector... Great move to make if u plan on using ur phone as a gps :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR