InvisibleShield problems....(and i haven't even gotten it yet)

spike22

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
After reading countless reviews and watching all the videos on Youtube and their website, I purchased a full coverage Invisible Shield for my 3g...I used Paypal on the Zag website (thinking that it would speed things along)...then, i paid extra to have it UPS shipped..(again, thinking it would speed things along). Well, a week after i purchased it...i had no response from them...so i called. It seems that PayPal has an issue letting Zag know that they have payment for an order. So, if i hadn't called, they would have never known that my order was even there. So, i was nicely told that my order would get processed through and it would go from pending to processing in their system, (which mean's that they will start "cutting" the pieces and get them shipped out to me)...and that it would take 2-3 days to get it processed out. I was told by the nice lady at customer service that i should see it in 2-3 business days...even though i told her that i am in Georgia and she is in Utah...but she again said 2-3 business days. I thought that she ment that the company was going to pony up and cover the cost for express shipping to fix the issue. Nope. I received and email 2 business days later with a tracking number that wouldn't track until 2 days later saying the the item was shipped on the 16th and due to me on the 22nd. 2 days from now. so, just to put this into perspective...i ordered it on 10/6, paid the extra $8 for UPS shipping and STILL have not received the Shield. I contacted Zag on the 13th and explained what happened. They replied with a canned im happy that you'er happy with that way that your problem was resolved and we look forward to taking more of your money in the future. I was shocked. So i sent another email saying that i wasn't happy and that they should have a warning on their website about using paypal and how it might slow down your order, since it was a problem that they know about and that I paid for the extra UPS Shipping and they said that they order would ship out in 2-3 business days, not that you would receive them in 2-3 business days...no apology for any inconvenience...no nothing. Just, sucks to be you, basically.

I work in customer service for a major manufacturer and i would be fired if my boss hear me tell a customer that...i knew that i would get a refund of shipping...it's not the $ that im worried about...it's the fact that they didn't even try to assist me. it seemed like they had my money and that's all they cared about. I know that they are in business to make money, i am neither naive or stupid enough to think that they would give that money back to me...i just really wanted an "im sorry for OUR internal problems and here, we'll rush your order along...instead, i am stuck waiting 2.5 weeks for a product that I want.

I am very sorry for the rant...if this is the wrong place for it Mod, please move or delete. If it helps, once i get the stupid thing, i'll do a review...LOL.
:(

zaggemployee

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Spike22 - I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your order and with our customer service. We really do have a great customer service team so I'm shocked to hear about your experience. I am unaware of the PayPal issue (I work in our marketing dept) but will definitely look into it (I actually carpool with our lead programmer so I'll talk with him today!). Please email me your order number to cameron [at] zagg.com and I'll make sure we refund you the shipping cost.

spike22

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I thank you very much for the offer of the refund but I will not be taking you up on it. My intention for posting and my two emails to you guys was to simply ask that some form of warning for future users. And I thank you very much for looking into that for me. As I said, I'm I'm customer service and I know what it's like to have a pain in the butt customer and I don't want to be that customer. And please note that Precious was wonderful on the phone. I can't say how nice she was to me.
I know that after reading your web site closer (after I received the second email reply) it says that it will be 2-3 days to ship and not 2-3 days shipping. I guess that that was my fault for not looking closer at the time and that is the other reason that I won't ask for or take the refund. Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is that you have made me very happy with your offer and that I would recommend you guys to anyone, just that they should call and not email or use PayPal...LOL. Thank you again so very much. I really do look forward to using your product.

spike22

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
This is my first review, so please bear with me as I babble on. So after posting my issue with getting the Invisible Shield (IS from now on cuz i don't want to type it every time), I received it on the 22nd as promised by UPS. I have to say that I was impressed with the packaging. It's very nice. Excessive in my opinion but very nice. The instruction that come with the IS isn?t very instructive but it does tell you to go to their website to watch the videos of someone putting an IS on, so that helped. The pieces of the IS were fairly easy to remove from the punch card and once removed and laid out, there was little to no room for mistaking where the pieces went.
I followed the instructions and cleaned my iPhone and the area and then I took out the spray. Can I just say that the spray bottle needs to be a little bit bigger because I just barely had enough to finish?
I took my time with the install and made sure that I wasn?t rushed in any way. I sprayed my hands and the sticky side of the IS, placed it and then tried to move it, like they did in the video, to place it correctly. Either I didn?t use enough spray or something, because it didn?t slide into place at all. I had to remove it completely and replace it to get it where it needed to be. Which took more spray. Once in place I squeegied and blotted with a paper towel. Everything was looking good. Then it was time to apply the back piece. And here is where my problem occurred. I again sprayed down my hands, the IS and put it in place, being careful to get it as close as I could to the right placement. (because I was running out of spray, so I knew I couldn?t take it off again and still have enough to do the remaining pieces). I thought I did a pretty good job. I palmed the corners to get them in place and that?s when I noticed that I had put it on at an ever so slight angle. Which would later cause a slight buckle in the IS right above the camera hole cutout. But again, that was my fault for not being right on the money when laying the IS on the iPhone.
Then, once everything was on the iPhone and squeegied, I let it dry for the recommended 12 hours. After those 12 hours I have little to no complaints about this product. I would be willing to put my iPhone in my pocket with me keys right up against it and not worry about it. I have dropped the iPhone (from just under waist high) and it was fine. My buddy slid my iPhone across a table (which I was going to kill him for) and it didn?t mess anything up. This thing is as described on their website. It is tough! I love the feel of it too. It has an egg shell feel to it. Slightly dimpled but it makes holding the iPhone easier and doesn?t interfere with using the touch screen at all. And it truly is invisible. I was worried about glare and distortion but this is crystal clear and gives no more glare then you would get without it.
The only negative thing I have to say about the IS is that the edges of the IS are a little tacky it picks up ?stuff? from the inside of my pockets. About one ever day or two I have to pick out a fluff of pocket lint or a dog hair or something. It?s not a big deal to me, but it is so far the only negative thing I can find.
So, after a rocky start I have to say that I am more than satisfied with the Invisible Shield for my iPhone 3G. It?s a tough product that if you take your time installing, won?t let you down.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2