Don't Buy Otter Box

kbtkpk

Sep 27, 2008
Visit site
I bought the Otter Box Defender case for my iPhone 3G and discovered that I was unable to sync using a non-Apple cable with the Otter Box on. So, I decided to remove the case and found it nearly impossible. I ended up having to pry it off and damaged the back cover of the iPhone in the process

jr3153

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
I have an oyterbox and mine works fine, of course I use the apple cable. I also have no problem getting my case off. Sounds like you got frustrated. I don't agree with your title saying not to buy it. Just use it correctly.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Otter Box Defender case for my iPhone 3G and discovered that I was unable to sync using a non-Apple cable with the Otter Box on. So, I decided to remove the case and found it nearly impossible. I ended up having to pry it off and damaged the back cover of the iPhone in the process

I do not own an otterbox for iphone. Also, I have never even looked at one in person. With that said, I have read a few reviews and read a bunch of users comments. Everything I read was very positive. Nobody mentioned a thing relating to your complaints.

Last edited:

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
Another positive vote for OtterBox.

Sorry you had bad issues with it but I own two of their Defender Series cases for my 3G and they're both fabulous.

I'm not understanding your initial problem.

You were unable to sync using a "non-Apple cable."

What cable were you trying to use?

omnitek

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Otterbox

I have the Otterbox and think it's the best case out there. Your right only certain cables fit. Griffin and Apple for sure. Some are too thick.At least you know those cables won't fry you Phone.I also had a little scratch on the screen
and customer service replaced it right away without any problems.
You cant go wrong

Last edited:

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I agree with every one here but the OP. I have the otterbox also for my 3G and have no problems syncing my phone or charging it. It is also not hard to take the phone out if I need to.

Who here is still using there otterbox?

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a fan of Otterbox because I don't need the bulk of protection. But for someone who does I think it would be an ideal case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2