To Case or Not to Case?

shwy

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
I use some sort of silicone CYNERGY case- I really like it. Hardly adds any bulk while protecting most of the iPhone.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I don't use a case because I think it takes away from the looks of the device. I am just really careful with it!! Plus I will probably buy a new one when it comes out anyway...that is if the stock market recovers by then :eek:

I just use a screen protector. No case for me.

I guess you are in the same boat with me as to not taking away from the looks, but the screen is probably the strongest and most scratch resistant part of the phone so I would say don't bother wasting money on a screen protector.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I switch it up....I will use a case for a while then want to go commando to just get the true iPhone feeling.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks to those who mentioned the Switcheasy Capsule cases!

I've been looking for a hard, non-stick case for my 1st gen iPhone for a while now that was durable and also sexy :cool: and once I checked the Switcheasy website I reached the end of my journey!

If you're wondering...I went with the white...makes the phone look even more sexier and technologically advanced than black does...kind of like Eve from Wall-E ha

yildi

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I use the Case-mate black naked case, which is touch-through and covers every bit and corner of my iPhone, including the screen. The screen protector does not reduce at all the sensitivity of it. I ordered it with some initial scepticism, but I am very happy with it at the end.

kberry66

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
I tend to drop my phone from time to time so I keep it in a case. I have quite a few but I prefer the incase slider to protect it.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Take a look at invisibleshield.com they have a lot to offer and I have one on my iPod Touch and my LG Voyager. I swear by this cover. Its kinda like the plastic film thats on the screen when you pull it out of the box but much better quality and you can buy a full body cover for only $25. Not a bad investment.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Take a look at invisibleshield.com they have a lot to offer and I have one on my iPod Touch and my LG Voyager. I swear by this cover. Its kinda like the plastic film thats on the screen when you pull it out of the box but much better quality and you can buy a full body cover for only $25. Not a bad investment.

I like the idea of the invisibleshield but my gripe is, wait for it....gravity-regulated impact. In other words, that cute "shield" looks nice, but it is not going to do much as far as shock absorption with your iPhone. :eek:

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
I like the idea of the invisibleshield but my gripe is, wait for it....gravity-regulated impact. In other words, that cute "shield" looks nice, but it is not going to do much as far as shock absorption with your iPhone. :eek:

Good point. I see a lot of those rubber-like cases around. How do u think those work?

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They work really well. My mother got the iPhone before me, and like all girls/women, had to accessorize! :rolleyes:

So anyway, haha, she had plenty of those rubber cases and they did a good job of taking care of her iPhone the numerous times she dropped it.

They are a good idea but I'm picky and the rubbery/sticky/grip feel is a bother to me. I like to be able to slide and pull the phone in and out of my pocket with ease.

But, yes, they do work. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro