Recommend me a tough case available in the UK?

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

I need a tough case for my 3G with a sturdy belt clip, as I use Google Maps to navigate whilst on my motorbike.

My wishlist:

Tough as hell
Waterproof or showerproof
Sturdy belt clip
Must be able to see screen!

I don't need to be able to use the controls or the touchscreen as if I need to change anything I will pull over, take the phone out of the case, make changes, and then reinsert the phone.

Some way of attaching a charging cable would be nice as well but not vital.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

J?Di

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm perhaps a bad choice of words! Sorry for the warped mental images there...

I think "rainproof" sums it up, doesn't have to survive a tropican monsoon and I have a windscreen on the bike to keep any driving rain off, but if it can keep a few drops of rain off my phone then job's a good un!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hmmm perhaps a bad choice of words! Sorry for the warped mental images there...

I think "rainproof" sums it up, doesn't have to survive a tropican monsoon and I have a windscreen on the bike to keep any driving rain off, but if it can keep a few drops of rain off my phone then job's a good un!

This is a great case I picked up a week ago. Check it out.

Welcome to SwitchEasy

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
Looks nice, but it doesn't look particularly waterproof, with the speaker grille and silent buttons exposed.

I've found a Defender case that seems to fit the bill, just trying to find a UK stockist now.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Looks nice, but it doesn't look particularly waterproof, with the speaker grille and silent buttons exposed.

I've found a Defender case that seems to fit the bill, just trying to find a UK stockist now.

Defender has the headset speaker exposed as well. Silent button on the case I linked to is indeed covered. Not exposed.

*Try a ziplock bag... :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711