Will the 1st gen iPhone accessories work with the 3g?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Will all the products for sale on here in the store more specifically the cases and car mounts fit the 3G model? Is there much of a difference in size?

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
The back of the iPhone is now beveled to the center, so I could imagine certain cases and mounts not fitting the new iPhone 3G properly. I would wait for cases and mounts approved for the iPhone 3G.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
You wouldn't think there is. They probably don't fit as snugly though, and then you have that pesky new sensor. I'd wait for one designed specifically for 3G.

jay_man2

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
The Sena Ultraslim pouch from senacases.com is identical for the iPhone and iPhone 3G. They appear to be different, with different SKU numbers, but they are in fact the same case.

I already have one for my iPhone, ordered one for the 3G, and discovered when it arrived. Sena is sending me a pre-paid return label, and will refund the purchase plus shipping, so I can't complain.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Very interesting guys and I am glad I did not order tonight. I want a slip pocket case. I also want the lighter mount for my car. I think I will wait to see what happens. I would have thought that they would have at least put out the accessories for it by now. :rolleyes:

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I think iSkin makes the best iPhone cases. It has this dual layer design that uses plastic and silicone. I bought the iSkin Revo for the first gen iPhone and it's kept my iPhone looking like I just bought it from the store. They came out with a new iSkin for the iPhone 3G that has dual layers.

Here check it out everybody!
iSkin fuze - world's first dual-layer fused soft and hard iPhone case

Last edited:

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I think iSkin makes the best iPhone cases. It has this dual layer design that uses plastic and silicone. I bought the iSkin Revo for the first gen iPhone and it's kept my iPhone looking like I just bought it from the store. They came out with a new iSkin for the iPhone 3G that has dual layers.

Here check it out everybody!
iSkin fuze - world's first dual-layer fused soft and hard iPhone case

Very nice! Except I want more protection for the screen. I found 2 cases I want but awaiting to see what fits the 3g.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Very nice! Except I want more protection for the screen. I found 2 cases I want but awaiting to see what fits the 3g.

Yea I like it too. Except they took away the plastic cover to protect the screen like the iSkin Revo did. I don't understand why.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I think I have decided that I am going to get this: (or the BodyGuardz due to the fact that this won't be available until after the iPhone's release)
For Scratch Protection

And some fun colored (thin) silicone skin for drop protection.

The reason I am getting the Full Body Film is because every iPod I have had in a hard or soft case has scratched while in the case. Some have scratched as I pulled them out to dock (due to the design) and all of them have scratched because a little sand/dirt made its way inside the case and rubbed around making the iPod look like there wasn't a case on to begin with.

jaimex99

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Why wouldn't they?

I admire the fact that Apple could foresee the development of their original iPod and created their special cable that would be able to continue to be the same for the rest of the products in the series. I'm sure there will be things that will not be compatible due to the fact that they work with the softare that is particular to each version, but the accesories that only provide connectivity or electrical power should work fine. Beware of the extra-cheap brands, though... we all have read those stories about iPhones broken by bad iPod chargers.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
like waiting for a new baby to come home i want to go out and buy some accessories now but I guess I have to wait if there is a chance they won't fit when I get to bring it home

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
So do the iPhone v1 sync and power cables still work with the iPhone 3g?

I'm getting my first iPhone (3g) today, and I want to order some extra sync and power cables. I like the looks of the Griffin PowerDou. In the store here, it says it is specifically for 3g, but they are out. Griffin's website, doesn't really say one way or the other.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2