Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Exclamation iPhone 3G/3GS Cases

I've read some of the case reviews posted on the blog and, while the reviews were good, only a few cases have been covered.

I'm planning to buy The 3g pretty much the day it comes out and I want to get the best possible case to protect the phone. I don't like bulky cases (but I recognize some people do) and tend to prefer the minimalist ones. That being said, what are the best thin profile cases out there to protect the iPhone?

I saw this case over a giz:

it looks pretty effective but the demonstrator obviously wrapped the phone in multiple layers of the material. also, it offers no shock protection which i believe to be a pretty valuable feature...
    Thanked by:
    iweeklydeal001 (07-11-2012)
    iweeklydeal001 likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Yeah, the case was wrapped in several layers. BUT the iPhone version looks like it doesn't cover the sides of the phone. Did you get that from the video?
    iMore Beginner

Default Compatible?

Because of the slight change in form factor, I would be worried about the new 3G iPhone not fitting perfectly in a case originally designed for the first iPhone. I noticed Malware and Belkin (and probably many others) are already promoting cases that are in production for the 3G iPhone, but I'd like to find more.

Anyway, I'd caution against buying a case not designed specifically for the 3G iPhone until you know it will do the job the way you want, especially if you're looking for a case to add minimal bulk.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default 3G iphone case?

i knew that apple have just released its big 3G iphone plan,
    but what i haven't expected is that its cases have already on stores...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm going to get this:

And maybe some non-intrusive rubber glove, to protect when dropping.
    iPhone Intermediate

I like Incase products a lot. These are my choices (of course I mean the iPhone 3G version):

iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

I preordered the InvisibleShield and will probably get an Agent 18 on top of that, I love their stuff. I hope they release the EcoShield for the new iPhone, it was great on my iPod touch.

iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

you are all wrong... the GREATEST cases for any cell phone, but espescially teh iphone is VAJA cases. check these things out. their leather cases but they are B-E-A-utiful.

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by xintelinsanex View Post
    I like Incase products a lot. These are my choices (of course I mean the iPhone 3G version):

This case looks good and it's not bulky.
    iPhone Intermediate

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jennyyu View Post
    i knew that apple have just released its big 3G iphone plan,
    but what i haven't expected is that its cases have already on stores...
    $3 case to cover your $200 phone? I'm with the vaja guy. They do great work with apple products; recently they fitted a Macbook Air with a no-need-to-remove case. See Here:

I'll probably get their line covering the back(when I get my 3G), but all their stuff is great.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by hermdog View Post
    This case looks good and it's not bulky.
    Yup, they absolutely do. I have always loved Incase products, and If i were upgrading phones, I would have certainly gotten a new Incase case.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by patcom8 View Post
    you are all wrong... the GREATEST cases for any cell phone, but espescially teh iphone is VAJA cases. check these things out. their leather cases but they are B-E-A-utiful.

They have some pretty cool looking cases, but kind of flashy for me. I want something plain, something simple. I can't see myself spending $95 on a case, that's almost half the cost of the phone. I know it will be worth it to some people, but my $30 Incase does the job just fine, and bonus... I saved $65.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by xintelinsanex View Post
    They have some pretty cool looking cases, but kind of flashy for me. I want something plain, something simple. I can't see myself spending $95 on a case, that's almost half the cost of the phone. I know it will be worth it to some people, but my $30 Incase does the job just fine, and bonus... I saved $65.
    I'd highly recommend checking out the Agent 18 stuff. The current gen one looks clean and isn't too obtrusive.

'Eco-friendly material with minimum carbon impact' isn't bad at all either.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by HymerSchmidt View Post
    $3 case to cover your $200 phone? I'm with the vaja guy. They do great work with apple products; recently they fitted a Macbook Air with a no-need-to-remove case. See Here:

I'll probably get their line covering the back(when I get my 3G), but all their stuff is great.

I agree with xintelinsanex. The vaja cases are really nice. But a little to expensive. I'm just looking for a case that will protect the iPhone from a fall. And a case that allows me to put the phone in my pocket.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Reaktor5 View Post
    I'd highly recommend checking out the Agent 18 stuff. The current gen one looks clean and isn't too obtrusive.

'Eco-friendly material with minimum carbon impact' isn't bad at all either.
    Oh yeah, Agent 18 has some great products. Before the iPhone, I always used their cases for my iPods. I really like the eco-shield. I might get a hard case for my current gen iPhone.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HymerSchmidt View Post

if all ipod products are named i-$%$%^....
    iPhone Intermediate

Who else has cases out for the iPhone 3G besides Vaja, Incase, Marware, and Griffin?

Marware:
    Griffin:
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

--- i've had this on my 4g ipod since it came out...
    iPhone Intermediate

Thanks for the link. They have some cool cases, but they aren't for me. Keep the links coming, some great options out there for people looking for cases for the iPhone or iPhone 3G.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

im personally waiting for the seidio cases... i currently use one with much success on my Blackberry 8830..
    iPhone Intermediate

LOL what does that even mean you use one with much success? It's not like you could use it incorrectly, ok, I take that back. I'm sure someone will screw it up.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

using one with much success is that the case fits well, has fallen many times, and shows little signs of failure. it has SUCCESSFULLY proected my phone many a time...
    iPhone Newbie

i"ll have to buy a case for my new iPhone so thx for posting all these options
    iPhone Newbie

This makes me sad because I love my Sena case.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Arrow >>>Sena has rolled out their iPhone 3g cases<<<

Ultra slim and the Elga are my two personal favorites for the current phone.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast