iPhone 3G/3GS Cases

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
I've had very bad experience with Sena cases. They are not built to protect the phone from anything but scratches, forget about drop protection because there isn't any. The corners are completely exposed and will take the brunt of an impact just as badly as they would if the phone wasn't in a case at all. The leather is so thin that it is very fragile. The clip nub on mine broke in under 2 months and Sena wouldn't replace it. All this from a rather expensive case. I really like the idea of a wallet case, something that's slim but has the capacity to hold an ID, a couple of credit cards and a few bills. Sadly, none of the wallet cases I've seen also offer sufficient protection for the phone and an adequate belt clip system.

hobyphone

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I've had very bad experience with Sena cases. They are not built to protect the phone from anything but scratches, forget about drop protection because there isn't any. The corners are completely exposed and will take the brunt of an impact just as badly as they would if the phone wasn't in a case at all. The leather is so thin that it is very fragile. The clip nub on mine broke in under 2 months and Sena wouldn't replace it. All this from a rather expensive case. I really like the idea of a wallet case, something that's slim but has the capacity to hold an ID, a couple of credit cards and a few bills. Sadly, none of the wallet cases I've seen also offer sufficient protection for the phone and an adequate belt clip system.

That sucks. I really like the idea of a wallet case too, but I don't want to buy one if they're not good?

tschertz01

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
If I take the plunge to get a 3G phone, and I'm not entirely convinced yet I will, I'm seriously considering the Griffin Nu Form. It's a hard case that I think have a few things going for it. I personally like the snap off bottom that allows you to dock it (not that Apple included a dock:mad:) without removing the case, the non adhesive screen protector, and I even like the little pattern on the back although that has nothing to do with iPhone.

I'd prefer if we didn't have to consider a case at all like my current iPhone, which is holding up beautifully, but this new version screams out for a case. If for nothing else, it needs a case, just to avoid looking at all the smudges that will collect on the back glossy plastic. I don't have a clue how durrable it will be in a drop either but I suspect the plastic will hold up (not crack) so much as scratch up quite a bit. Not a pretty picture for a shiny new iPhone.

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
I was interested in the Nu Form until I saw the back and the stupid design they put on it. I don't really care about the removable piece for docking because the iPhone's not coming with a dock anymore and I'm not planning to buy one.

Joemhz

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Best 3G case so far

I just tried the new Gizmo Skin leather case for the 3G. It fits beautifully. This is the best verticle / horizontal case for the 3G that I have seen so far. Anyone else tried one ???:)

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
This one is quite nice~~

wave15.jpg

wave13.jpg

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
I am a fan of "Bone"
Its desgin all about apple ,the new one certainly is iphone 3G case .
I'd love cube case and wave case .Utility skidproof function with beauty in the perfect curve joint,and its washable silicone,very convenient.

cube19.jpg

wave11.jpg

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Okay, I am going to buy a case. I don't want a slip case, I would like something that stays on the iPhone. Do people recommend a hard case (like a clear plastic acrylic) or some sort of rubberized silicon case? I think the store hear sells both. I am mostly looking for something that will protect it if I drop it.

Chris

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Okay, I am going to buy a case. I don't want a slip case, I would like something that stays on the iPhone. Do people recommend a hard case (like a clear plastic acrylic) or some sort of rubberized silicon case? I think the store hear sells both. I am mostly looking for something that will protect it if I drop it.

Chris

If you are going to get a silicone case stay away from Incase products. They scratch the chrome bezel pretty badly after it's on for a while.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I just ordered another case. A slip one. It by incipio and I love it! The best I have seen yet. I like the pull tab it makes it easy to get the phone out and it is so slim!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I was looking at the case-mate naked case. Anyone ever tried one of these? Was wondering if the screen protector really hurt the sensitivity of the screen. Really like the way it covers the whole phone.

iPhone Accessories, iPhone Cases, Naked Case - Case-mate

I can't speak that one in particular but I've seen similar cases that claim the touch is not effected but I have heard different. I like the Carbon Fiber leather cases on that site. Looks pretty sweet. Just wish it covered the whole phone. Leaves too much open on the top.

Kahne91123

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Yeah thats what I read too I ordered it today so when i get the case and when I get the phone I will have to post what i think of it. Really wish they would hurry up and send it to me. I will probobly get the case first

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh