Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

There are a few manufacturers selling them direct right now. Marware is one and there are a few others.
    iPhone Newbie

I saw an AT&T youtube video with some what to expect and how to be "iReady" and the speaker indicated that there would be cases and other accessories available on launch day at the AT&T stores. If this is the case I would be very surprised if Apple did not have them as well.
    iPhone Newbie

Also, if you go to your local mall, i garuntee at least somebody will be selling a case.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

yea, its weird how some don't have a peice that covers the chrome...
    iPhone Newbie

I'm personally a fan of Sena's Walletskin cases. It's nice to have all the important stuff in one place.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

I've had very bad experience with Sena cases. They are not built to protect the phone from anything but scratches, forget about drop protection because there isn't any. The corners are completely exposed and will take the brunt of an impact just as badly as they would if the phone wasn't in a case at all. The leather is so thin that it is very fragile. The clip nub on mine broke in under 2 months and Sena wouldn't replace it. All this from a rather expensive case. I really like the idea of a wallet case, something that's slim but has the capacity to hold an ID, a couple of credit cards and a few bills. Sadly, none of the wallet cases I've seen also offer sufficient protection for the phone and an adequate belt clip system.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat View Post
    I've had very bad experience with Sena cases. They are not built to protect the phone from anything but scratches, forget about drop protection because there isn't any. The corners are completely exposed and will take the brunt of an impact just as badly as they would if the phone wasn't in a case at all. The leather is so thin that it is very fragile. The clip nub on mine broke in under 2 months and Sena wouldn't replace it. All this from a rather expensive case. I really like the idea of a wallet case, something that's slim but has the capacity to hold an ID, a couple of credit cards and a few bills. Sadly, none of the wallet cases I've seen also offer sufficient protection for the phone and an adequate belt clip system.
    That sucks. I really like the idea of a wallet case too, but I don't want to buy one if they're not good…
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

If I take the plunge to get a 3G phone, and I'm not entirely convinced yet I will, I'm seriously considering the Griffin Nu Form. It's a hard case that I think have a few things going for it. I personally like the snap off bottom that allows you to dock it (not that Apple included a dock) without removing the case, the non adhesive screen protector, and I even like the little pattern on the back although that has nothing to do with iPhone.

I'd prefer if we didn't have to consider a case at all like my current iPhone, which is holding up beautifully, but this new version screams out for a case. If for nothing else, it needs a case, just to avoid looking at all the smudges that will collect on the back glossy plastic. I don't have a clue how durrable it will be in a drop either but I suspect the plastic will hold up (not crack) so much as scratch up quite a bit. Not a pretty picture for a shiny new iPhone.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

I was interested in the Nu Form until I saw the back and the stupid design they put on it. I don't really care about the removable piece for docking because the iPhone's not coming with a dock anymore and I'm not planning to buy one.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Here's a list of some of the latest iPhone 3G cases at iLounge.

News | iLounge
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by tkane2712 View Post
    yea, its weird how some don't have a peice that covers the chrome...
    maybe because it's an antenna
    . . . . .
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Best 3G case so far

I just tried the new Gizmo Skin leather case for the 3G. It fits beautifully. This is the best verticle / horizontal case for the 3G that I have seen so far. Anyone else tried one ???
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I'm hoping that the Belkin Leather Folio makes an appearance in the iPhone 3G form factor. That would be just about perfect.

Belkin Leather Folio for iPod touch - the iPhone blog store
    iPhone Nanite

This one is quite nice~~

iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by love i phone 3G View Post
    This one is quite nice~~

Yuck, those look terrible.
    iPhone Nanite

I am a fan of "Bone"
    Its desgin all about apple ,the new one certainly is iphone 3G case .
    I'd love cube case and wave case .Utility skidproof function with beauty in the perfect curve joint,and its washable silicone,very convenient.

iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,451 Global Posts

Just ordered my Agent18 case from Apple. I love their products.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts

Okay, I am going to buy a case. I don't want a slip case, I would like something that stays on the iPhone. Do people recommend a hard case (like a clear plastic acrylic) or some sort of rubberized silicon case? I think the store hear sells both. I am mostly looking for something that will protect it if I drop it.

Chris
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,451 Global Posts

Haven't read through this post very much. But what cases are dockable?
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjvitek View Post
    Okay, I am going to buy a case. I don't want a slip case, I would like something that stays on the iPhone. Do people recommend a hard case (like a clear plastic acrylic) or some sort of rubberized silicon case? I think the store hear sells both. I am mostly looking for something that will protect it if I drop it.

Chris
    If you are going to get a silicone case stay away from Incase products. They scratch the chrome bezel pretty badly after it's on for a while.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

I just ordered another case. A slip one. It by incipio and I love it! The best I have seen yet. I like the pull tab it makes it easy to get the phone out and it is so slim!
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I decided to go with the Contour HardSkin. I use 2 different Sena cases for when I want to go naked. I just don't like covering up the phone. But this contour case seems cool.

Contour Design Hardskin for iPhone 3G | iLounge
    iPhone Newbie

I was looking at the case-mate naked case. Anyone ever tried one of these? Was wondering if the screen protector really hurt the sensitivity of the screen. Really like the way it covers the whole phone.

iPhone Accessories, iPhone Cases, Naked Case - Case-mate
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahne91123 View Post
    I was looking at the case-mate naked case. Anyone ever tried one of these? Was wondering if the screen protector really hurt the sensitivity of the screen. Really like the way it covers the whole phone.

iPhone Accessories, iPhone Cases, Naked Case - Case-mate
    I can't speak that one in particular but I've seen similar cases that claim the touch is not effected but I have heard different. I like the Carbon Fiber leather cases on that site. Looks pretty sweet. Just wish it covered the whole phone. Leaves too much open on the top.
    iPhone Newbie

Yeah thats what I read too I ordered it today so when i get the case and when I get the phone I will have to post what i think of it. Really wish they would hurry up and send it to me. I will probobly get the case first
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast