Monster iCarPlay w/ iPhone

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I originally bought the titularly mentioned FM tuner/charger on sale to use with a Nano, primarily for podcasts and audio books (to make commuting slightly less unbearable).

When I plugged it into iPhone, I got a popup saying the device was not made for iPhone, and did I want to enter Airplane mode. I declined and the device worked fine, albeit with occasional GSM radio interference (which is why they offer the option of entering Airplane mode, I'm guess), and if someone calls while it's playing, the radio goes berserk, so you have to be quick with hitting the radio-off switch (on the car radio, not the GSM :) ).

Originally, my iPhone would get very warm when plugged in and I was concerned, but then noticed the same thing when it was plugged into the standard USB charge/sync cable as well. I'm not sure if it has to do with the screen being left on as opposed to turned off while charging?

Anyway, other than those small glitches, it seems to work fine on my 2002 MP3 incapable car radio.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone made an upright dock with FM transmission for the iPhone? It's been a year and I don't recall seeing anyone handling the GSM buzz properly, let alone the iPhone incompatibility message (which I can't stand seeing).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl