stereo capability???

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Currently it does not, though the hardware to do it is in the iPhone. It may be made available via a software update or a hack.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site

Mike Overbo

TC / Phone Different
Aug 21, 2006
phonedifferent.com
if my memory serves, the DS970 worked on the windows mobile treos with A2DP, but that was in the days that the 750 had the really bad stereo bluetooth bug, so I could be wrong; I wasn't using the stereo bluetooth as much as I would have liked. It's a bummer, too. I have these great DS970s that I can't use with the iPhone yet. :thumbsdn:

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
From what I've read over time, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Apple to allow stereo streaming of music over Bluetooth. The reason, from what many commentators have expressed, is simple. Apple gets a licensing fee whenever a 3rd party accessory maker creates a product with a dock connector. Allowing streaming over bluetooth would take away a revenue stream from Apple. So, unless Apple develops and patents their own wireless streaming technology, you're probably stuck with wires.

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
Why is this such a sought-after feature? Although the convenience of wireless is obvious, from what I hear the technology generally does not provide nearly the sound quality of wired headsets. Some have even called most BT headsets "unusable" for this reason.

In any case, I suspect that the primary reason this is not enabled has to do with the tenuous relationship Apple has with the record companies, who are scared to the point of being paranoid about copyright. Any kind of wireless transmission, even privately via BT, scares the crap out of them. I suspect this was a concession Apple felt it could make to them. Also the reason Apple does not include FM transmission in iPods and iPhones.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
when the first iphone came out I was set on not getting one mainly because of the lack of stereo bluetooth, I really like going to the gym and not having wires attached to me while working out, but over that time I figures I can either live without it or get one of the fm transmitters, plus i'm not working out as much as i use to, the sound quality is not as good as wires but it is convenient

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
I guess I'm not an audiophile. I can't hear the difference between a song from the iTunes Music Store and a CD, or even from an MP3 I've ripped from one of my CDs to the original CD itself. I have tried A2DP on my MacBook Pro and on my Treo 700p (using SAG) and I was totally geeked out by it and only had audio quality issues when the batteries on the headphones got low on charge.

Duncan Mueller

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know whether the iPhone is compatible with the Oakley O ROKR headset?

W/O stereo bluetooth can it play through both wireless bluetooth earbuds simultaneously?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2