Power Support Crystal Jacket Set Case - any good?

JustLeft

Sep 11, 2004
Visit site
Anyone use the clear plastic case that apple sells with the belt clip? Does it increase the size significantly? Is it slippery to hold? Any other pluses/minuses on this case?

dcamp7gh

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
I know this may be too late for yourself as your post was rather old. However, I figured I would post this for anyone else who happens across the thread.

I had a crystal jacket case and believe it to be the worst case I have ever bought for an iPod family product and I have at least 6 other ipods. The case wasn't snug enough and allowed my phone to slide around inside which caused the back of the iphone to get scratched up. I know now they sell it with a "shield" that covers the back but originally they didnt. In the mean time, my iPhone has 4 scratches in the back of the case which were caused by the case that was supposed to protect it.

I do have like the film which I left on there but as soon as I realized what the case was doing, I removed the case and havent looked back.

For what it is worth, I decided for a 1 month period I would try without a case and its now going on 6 months without a scratch. I am careful what I put it near and keep it in a pocket for just the phone but its been just fine. Just be careful if you have butterfingers.