Stuck in Guided Access

RevJar

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 with iOS 6 on it. I was running the Disney Junior app and turned on Guided Access. Now, I can't get it to turn off. If I touch the Home button, I get the message "Guided Access is enabled. Triple-click the home button to exit." However, I can't triple-click. When I try, it just does nothing. Not even every time when I press the home button do I get the Guided Access prompt. Is there some way to force quit GA or do I have to wait until the battery dies and hope that it will reset itself?

Help is appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Settings/General/Accessibility and then scroll down and turn OFF guided access.

RevJar

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The problem is I'm stuck in GA mode now. What makes it worse is that I'm stuck watching Disney Junior cartoons until my battery dies. Is there any way to force quit it or wait until the battery dies?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How fast are you triple clicking? Try triple clicking both fast and somewhat slow and then try exiting the app each time. Guided access, according to iOS, keeps you in a single app as you currently are. I'm not sure if a reboot would return your device to a pre-guided access state, but if the triple clicking fail, try rebooting. I would put my device in a guided access state for you and play around with it, but I'm getting ready to walk out the door to take my youngest son trick or treating. Sorry.

RevJar

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
After 2 reboots, I finally got it where I could put in my pin (the first one showed me the pin box but wouldn't let me input anything) and disable GA. Disney Junior app DELETED! I haven't had issues with GA before today. I'm hoping it's the app and not the iPad.

momofgng

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am currently stuck in Guided Access! WITH THE DISNEY JR APP!!!! I am glad to see that you had trouble with this same app and that my ipod is not to blame. I just let it die and am hoping when I go upstairs to turn it back on, I will be on the home screen?... wish me luck!

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
It's not the app it"s a bug in the OS or just how Guided Access Mode works. I got stuck in an app a few weeks ago and could not get out at all. I decided to do a complete restore. It has something to do with disabling the home button in GAM.

Alex Shulsinger

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I was stuck in settings last night. So I left my ipod on. And then in the morning, I forgot that I left auto-lock on. And today when I left for school, I disabled auto-lock. And when I got home, My ipod was somehow on sleep mode. Now I am stuck in the pandora app.

Gordon Lang

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It is the os. This is the third time this has happened, all in different apps. Imfoundna post the first time that said to hold down the power and home and plug into CPU. Can not remember but restore is not working stuck in kids app, again. Mere genius is the app...(((. Need advice.

Chuck Norris3

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
hold the power and home button for fifteen seconds, this resets the ipad and stop guided access. after that turn guided access off. its a stupid function

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Was stuck in Guided Access within Videos app a couple of times. Reseting the iPad mini by holding Power and Home button at the same time until it reboots. Sometimes upon exiting Guided Access, the home screen got corrupted with both potrait and landscape orientation.

Abcd7890

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Stuck in Guided Access, and unable to disable same even after triple click of home butten. what can I do to disable this and correct the position of my apple iPad.I need your help to correct this possition as early as possible.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234