UAG sent me the wrong case

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
And by that I mean I was supposed to get the iPhone 6 Plus orange case. And they sent me this. Told me to keep it. Gives me a good idea of the quality of the case though. Really solid and built well however I really don't like the open holes on the back.
image.jpg

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
What my plan is for the holes is to cut up the included screen protector that came with the case and place it on the back of the iPhone where it would be exposed. I've already got a Zagg glass.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
What my plan is for the holes is to cut up the included screen protector that came with the case and place it on the back of the iPhone where it would be exposed. I've already got a Zagg glass.

I just ordered the Maverick (clear) for my 6+. I haven't heard of any other reports of the phone scratching where the holes are but I guess it would make sense that it's possible. I plan on doing the same thing as well. Perfect use of the screen protector they provide.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to use a piece of a bumper sticker, the Crimson colored part actually (Alabama fan, of course) and some black duct tape. Cover the holes from the inside with the Crimson color then put the black duct tape over that to adhere and seal the Crimson to the inside of the case. Dust doesn't get in, and I will end up with a white/black/Crimson colored case.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I just ordered the Maverick (clear) for my 6+. I haven't heard of any other reports of the phone scratching where the holes are but I guess it would make sense that it's possible. I plan on doing the same thing as well. Perfect use of the screen protector they provide.

The clear looks really good, I had it on my 5S but it stained. Constantly pulling my phone in and out of my EMS cargo pants caused part of the pants color to "stain" the clear.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to use a piece of a bumper sticker, the Crimson colored part actually (Alabama fan, of course) and some black duct tape. Cover the holes from the inside with the Crimson color then put the black duct tape over that to adhere and seal the Crimson to the inside of the case. Dust doesn't get in, and I will end up with a white/black/Crimson colored case.
The Crimson part I can dig!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413397616.909716.jpg

garyrh

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the UAG Aero on my iPhone 6 and love it. I have used UAG cases before and in my opinion they are one of the best cases you can buy. The holes in the back don't bother me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
My friend has the UAG clear back for his iphone 6, and it looks awesome, but I didn't know they had holes in the back. Now I'm hesitant to buy it.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
My friend has the UAG clear back for his iphone 6, and it looks awesome, but I didn't know they had holes in the back. Now I'm hesitant to buy it.

No different than an otterbox commuter or spigen tough armor which have even bigger holes on the back

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
No different than an otterbox commuter or spigen tough armor which have even bigger holes on the back

well to me it was a eye sore, the otterbox and spigen the holes are big they look like they were supposed to be there. Those ones just look like a eye sore the only way could explain it.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Came in today...the Crimson color I used to fill the holes is a little dark so I'll probably change it but here it is...

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413512635.492089.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413512653.194733.jpg

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
The clear looks really good, I had it on my 5S but it stained. Constantly pulling my phone in and out of my EMS cargo pants caused part of the pants color to "stain" the clear.

I have the white and wanted the clear, this was something I worried about.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The Maverick I ordered should be delivered today. I will post some pictures this evening just to give you guys another look at it. I have watched a few reviews on this case and the holes never raised a red flag to me but I completely get where y'all are coming from with the look. I will have to see how I feel about it for sure when I get the case on.

*UPDATE: The clear version of this case is an absolute scratch magnet. Now, I probably should have assumed that would be the case since it usually is with clear cases but I was hoping it wouldn't be. I'm going to test drive it for a few more days then decide if I want to keep it. That pink one (Valkyrie) might be calling my name. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73