Case for the "6"

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have an Otterbox Symmetry? Was thinking about rounding off my case trifecta with the "Blue Print" color. I've seen complaints it's not the blue they show on the site, it's more teal (if that's true I'm going to pass on it).

Tried it but thought it to be too big for what it is compared to the Commuter. They are probably about the same size but would prefer the Commuter for ease of on/off and the port protection.

For the style of the Symmetry I think the Speck are a better case due to more compact.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Tried it but thought it to be too big for what it is compared to the Commuter. They are probably about the same size but would prefer the Commuter for ease of on/off and the port protection.

For the style of the Symmetry I think the Speck are a better case due to more compact.

So I had a ton of cases for my iPhone 5/5S - I've had both the CandyShell and the Symmetry. I loved the CandyShell but hated how it got scuffed up so easily. I'm trying to limit myself to 3 cases for my new iPhone plus a Mophie when they are released (we'll see how long this lasts). I have a CandyShell Grip (the grips seem to protect the glossy finish a bit) and this Tech 21, not sure what else will round out my case trifecta.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
So I had a ton of cases for my iPhone 5/5S - I've had both the CandyShell and the Symmetry. I loved the CandyShell but hated how it got scuffed up so easily. I'm trying to limit myself to 3 cases for my new iPhone plus a Mophie when they are released (we'll see how long this lasts). I have a CandyShell Grip (the grips seem to protect the glossy finish a bit) and this Tech 21, not sure what else will round out my case trifecta.

Maybe just 3 for me too. But 3 different CandyShell colors lol. They do get scuffed on the back tho. I am HIGHY considering going to a mall about an hour and a half away and letting them put a full body of Ghost Armor on it (think Zagg Invishield) and going caseless.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe just 3 for me too. But 3 different CandyShell colors lol. They do get scuffed on the back tho. I am HIGHY considering going to a mall about an hour and a half away and letting them put a full body of Ghost Armor on it (think Zagg Invishield) and going caseless.

I had a couple CandyShells for my 5S and really loved them. It's just the scuffing on the back.

I really love the look of the 6. This is the first phone I've ever had that I've even thought about going caseless with. I love the curved design - it looks good and I don't think it's slippery (I've seen several people bring this up in other posts).

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

They do get scuffed easily. Not even a day of having the speck card case I saw scratches all over the back. I returned it today. Picked up a pink/peach insignia case from best buy. I really like it because it's thin and has some grip to it. This will do while I wait for my spigen one to come in.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe a CandyShell covered in Ghost Armor. That might be the perfect solution lol. I've never tried the Speck Card case but my CandyShell is holding up fairly well so far.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
None of the carrier stores had any 6 or 6 Plus accessories on launch day, and only one Apple reseller here had a few official Apple leather cases, so just went for a red one. Needed some kind of protection while I wait for a decent all-over skin that fits properly!

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got a slick wrap for my plus. I like it without the case, but need something to personalize it a bit until Otterbox comes around.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Cosmetically it's beautiful. I know you have like 80 cases lol is it your favorite??

LOL! 😜

It's the best-looking case for sure because it really enhances the beauty of the phone. But because I can't get a good grip on it without holding it tightly, my hands get tired faster and I'm always scared that I'll drop it. And there is no cutout on the bottom to attach a lanyard, so there's that. Hub said he could drill a couple of tiny lanyard holes in the corner but I am afraid that the leather is too pliable and won't support lanyard use and the phone may even fall out of the case due to stretching.

So I pretty much just use it at home and will use it for non-lanyard/formal occasions. ;)

My favorite is still the Tech21 line. Haven't found their tactical case or impact check in all-black for the 6+ in stores yet but will post pics when I do. :)

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely a 2 handed grip case. I've contemplated taking it back. Looked at some Tech21 cases at Best Buy. I still say my favorite case is the Speck Candyshell.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
^And you know there will always be a place in my heart for Speck Candyshells! I'll probably check a few of those out soon. And they work great with lanyards! ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh