Who wants a better iPhone camera?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with the total miserable camera that my 5S and iPad mini retina have on them and the great pics I suppose you can say they take. Don't forget the lousy video. Lol

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see greater refinement in the camera itself, low light, zoom, and if they do bump the MP up then they should do so modestly we don't need 20MP camera's we need better camera's which the iPhone has had all along.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would be more happy with a much larger battery. The 5s camera performs pretty darn well, the battery is what always is lacking. Rather than go paper thin how about adding what people actually want and complain about every year because of lack of (larger battery)

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I want a better camera, my hopes are they further increase the sensor size while maintaining 8MP, this way we still have enough detail but we get more light and everything improves. I also want OIS, not just for low light shots but it helps with normal shots, less blur, also a godsend for video recoding and makes a day and night difference.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just read an article that stated that a certain percentage of people who were polled wanted the iPhone 6 to have a better camera. Are you one of those people, and if so, what the heck is wrong with the current camera that makes you to want a better one?

I don't think anything is wrong with the current camera, but why would we want to keep the current camera? I want the latest and greatest, keep moving forward.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't use the camera on my iPhone much but I agree that on the occasions when I do use it, I want the photos to look as good as they can be.

If Apple want to continue to move forwards, a better camera would be part and parcel of that, I think.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I would be more happy with a much larger battery. The 5s camera performs pretty darn well, the battery is what always is lacking. Rather than go paper thin how about adding what people actually want and complain about every year because of lack of (larger battery)

I couldn't agree more with this.

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You can refine the existing camera megapixel to enhance the images it takes, it doesn't need to get bigger. Do you actually print your photos into poster sizes if not then a 20MP phone is not needed.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You can refine the existing camera megapixel to enhance the images it takes, it doesn't need to get bigger. Do you actually print your photos into poster sizes if not then a 20MP phone is not needed.

It is if you are taking photos of small object and want to crop the photo down to just that area. Try using that cropped photo.. It's too small.

I don't understand why some here are against more pixels. If Apple can at least maintain the same quality or better yet, make it better without losing the current quality at some point, everybody would take benefit of it.

With data plans getting cheaper every year and cloud services (like Dropbox/OneDrive/Flickr and many more) are offering free space to automatically backup pictures, there would be no storage space issues on the iDevice itself.

Technology is always improving and I'm convinced Apple will do good stuff with the camera on the next iPhone.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
With data plans getting cheaper every year and cloud services (like Dropbox/OneDrive/Flickr and many more) are offering free space to automatically backup pictures, there would be no storage space issues on the iDevice itself.

Data plans are getting more expensive here in Canada... 6 GB data plan with unlimited talk is $125/month...

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Data plans are getting more expensive here in Canada... 6 GB data plan with unlimited talk is $125/month...

I pay ?48/ $65USD/ $70 CAD for 300 mins/txts and 5GB data plan and my broadband provider offers me wifispots wherever there is a modem of theirs. Almost everywhere I come, there is WiFi, or you can disable cloud apps to use your cellular data. That way you'll always be able to come round with your data plan.

On topic, I forget to say I like to see the low light issue solved.

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Still $5 cheaper than Verizon with 6GB data. Maybe the internet speeds are slow in Canada...

For uploading stuff, the LTE will go through the data very quickly and the same goes for downloading.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner